Chapter Thirty One.

Caleb woke up with strong arms around his waist and his own arms wrapping around the fluffy puppy. He smiled and closed his eyes. It was weird to wake up and have Eddie still in bed.

Caleb wished he wasn't so active, sometimes. These mornings, feeling his embrace, still half-asleep, were beautiful. But Eddie didn't understand the beauty of doing nothing.

"Are you awake?" He whispered. Eddie's arms tightened around him. "Is that a yes?"

"Mmhm." He grumbled.

"You're not going to get up, though." He said, turning around to face Eddie.

"I'm not." He said, and yawned. "I barely slept."

Caleb giggled. "That's on you. I told you that we should stop after the third round."

"As if you didn't want it."

Lovely got up and sat between the two lovers.

"Aw, good morning, baby." Caleb said in a soft voice. Lovely looked at him and laid down. "Still tired, huh?"

"We should stay in bed all day."

Caleb glared at him.

"You say that today?"

"I said it because I know we can't."

"I hate you."

"I don't think so."

"I do. I really hate-"

Eddie interrupted him with a kiss. Caleb wanted to be angry, but he couldn't. When had he become this weak? He kissed back, softly.

"You love me." Eddie said, smirking.

"Hmph. Kiss me again."

They kissed again until Lovely's paw tried to separate them. They both laughed.

"She's like me." Caleb said. "Loves your attention."

Eddie's smile widened and picked up Lovely, sitting up in bed. He was only in his boxers and Caleb tried to ignore his body. He didn't want to get horny. He sat up as well, Eddie's shirt falling over one of his shoulders.

"I could spend the rest of my life like this." He whispered, and Eddie blushed.

"Uh?"

"With you and Lovely, doing nothing. It's my happy place."

Eddie smiled, his cheeks pink.

"I... me too."

"You hate doing nothing."

"Yet I could do nothing with you my whole life, and I'd be happy."

Now it was Caleb that was blushing. He looked away.

"That's cheesy."

"And true."

"Stop."

"Come on," Eddie opened up his arms and Caleb hugged him, his head on Eddie's chest. "You can't complain about me being cheesy, you are the one writing songs about me."

Caleb rolled his eyes.

"Whatever."

He relaxed into the embrace. Eddie loved him as much as Caleb loved Eddie, weirdly.

Eddie loved him as if he deserved that love. He was willing to do that for the rest of their lives. It sounded crazy. It sounded like something Caleb could never have. He was never going to get used to it.

"We have to get ready." Eddie said, ruining the moment.

"Can't we just stay? Tell them we're not going?"