Chapter Twenty Five.

Caleb was waiting for Eddie to wake up as he exchanged texts with Tyler, something completly new and weird and suprisingly easy.

They weren't talking about anything in particular, just commenting on stuff and just chatting. It felt nice.

They had just met the night before, but they had clicked. When Caleb woke up with the awful need of drugs, an hour ago, he had seen Tyler's texts wishing him a good day and relaxed. Now he was sitting in bed, smiling at his phone, as Eddie slept besides him.

He had to talk to Eddie once he woke up. Ever since his breakdown, he could feel the addiction crawling in him as he hadn't in a while. He felt the unforgettable desire to just grab a bottle and drink it all. It was hard, and he knew what he had to do. He just didn't know how to talk to Eddie about it. He didn't know what Eddie would think about it.

Addiction was hard.

He didn't know if Eddie was truly ready for the reality of it. He knew he was willing to try, but was he ready?

Just as he thought of it, Eddie stirred and turned around to face Caleb, his eyes slightly open. Caleb placed his hand in Eddie's hair and stroked it softly, making Eddie basically purr and place his head in Caleb's lap, closing his eyes.

"Why are you awake?" He whispered.

"Bad dream," Caleb replied, and it was basically true. He grimaced when he realized it wasn't entirely the truth and that he had to tell Eddie. No, that he wanted to tell Eddie. "Can you sit up? I need to talk to you."

Eddie did not need to be told twice. He sat up and was completly awake. Caleb didn't know how the fuck he did that: a second ago he was going back to sleep. Caleb had been an hour awake and he was still sleepy.

"What's up? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," He paused. "I've been struggling." He corrected himself.

"With what? What's wrong?"

"Relax." Caleb said, bringing his hands to Eddie's shoulders and caressing away the tension. "It's nothing bad."

Because it wasn't bad. It was normal for him. It was something necessary.

"No?"

"It's not exactly good either." He continued. "And I need you to understand that it's something that will keep happening. Always."

"Okay." Eddie was being patient, looking at him with concern.

"I woke up so early because I've been having this... anxiety, need, for something. It's stronger than before. It hadn't been this strong for a while."

"Do you mean..." He didn't continue. Caleb tried to hide his disappointment to Eddie's uncertainity to mention his addiction.

"Yes, I mean drugs and alcohol. I mean my addiction. You can name it. It's not a taboo, you know? It's my illness."

Eddie nodded, listening.

"Okay, sorry, yes. You mean your addiction. What do we have to do?"

Caleb relaxed. Maybe Eddie was ready to deal with this, or just really willing to do it.

"You are brave for dating me." He said.

"Why? Because of how beautiful you are and all the men that want to steal you from me?"

Caleb smiled.

"And women."

"Oh, more competition. Yeah, I'm really brave. No one's stealing you from me, right?"