Chapter Thirteen.

Their first day as an official thing was great. Or as great as it could get. Eddie was worried Caleb would still be down the entire day, like he had been in the morning, but his mood improved through the day. After lunch, he had taken his Sub to his home, and now he was driving to his friend Nico's apartment.

Yesterday he had lunch with him and his assistaint, Tyler. He was sure that boy and Caleb would make great friends. He really wanted to give Caleb a friend, and Tyler was the right person. He had been working for a week for Nico, and he was whipped. They would make such a cute couple, he thought.

Eddie entered his best friend's apartment with his own spare key, and realized Nico at work. He texted him.

I'm at your home. How long are you going to be at work?

After ten minutes, he didn't reply. Eddie frowned and called him.

"What?" Nico said at the phone.

"I sent you a text."

"I'm with something important right now. I didn't see it."

"I'm at your place. When are you coming?"

"At night."

"You can't work your ass off until night, Nico. We talked about this-"

"It's not about work, Eddie."

"Oh. What you doing then?"

"I need to figure some things out. Get out of my place. I'll call you later."

"Is there something wrong? Do you need help?"

"It's Tyler." He said quietly. "He's not okay. I can handle it."

"Oh. Okay."

He hung up.

That was weird. Maybe the two already were a thing and Nico hadn't told Eddie.

He went to his apartment, frustrated. He wanted to talk to his best friend about Caleb.

Caleb.

He found himself thinking about the boy. At first he had been worried he'd be like Aiden, his ex-boyfriend. He had been... a complicated thing.

Aiden was not right in the head. Eddie didn't know exactly what he had, but he knew that. It had been rough to deal with him, and once he decided to break up with him, he realized the guy was not going to be okay on his own, so he contacted his family and suggested a treatment. He had done the right thing, even if Aiden hated him for it.

He was lucky he hadn't fallen for him.

But Caleb... he was different. He was complicated, too. Of course he was complicated, he had realized that early. But he seemed to... try? He was different.

Caleb was heartbroken, Eddie realized. He didn't have any friends. He hadn't hung out with anyone in four years. He wondered what kept everyone away from the boy, because he was truly amazing.

Eddie couldn't wait to know everything about him.

He couldn't wait to fall for him.

He wouldn't give up with this one.

___________________________

Caleb was second guessing his choices. He had just gotten himself a... would boyfriend be the correct word? A Dom. It scared the fuck out of him.

It scared him to think of everything that could happen? What if he fell in love? What if Eddie found out everything about him-

What if Eddie was playing him something?