"But why?" Caroline asks, crying.

"Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty, little slut," Damon tells them.

"And she said "game on"? I mean, what does that even mean?" Stefan asks.

"It means she's playing dirty. She wants us to know," Damon tells them.

"But why Grace?" Elena asks.

"I don't know," Damon says.

"Grace must be completely out of her mind, she doesn't even know what's happening to her," Stefan tells them.

"Oh I think she does. All of my compulsion from the past started wearing off the minute she was in transition," Damon tells them.

"We have to find her," Stefan says.

"Yep, and kill her," Damon says.

"You're not gonna kill my sister," Caroline tells him and slaps him for thinking that he could do that.

"She knows who we are. She's officially a liability, and we've got to get rid of her," Damon tells him.

"Damon, absolutely not," Stefan says.

"Need I remind you of a tragic little story of a girl named Vicki Dononavan? Grace, of all people, will not make it as a vampire. Your mother is a vampire hunter, Caroline. Guys come on, we all know this story's gonna end, just flip to the last chapter and..." Damon tells them.

"It's not an option Damon," Caroline says.

"No? Your silence is deafening, Elena. Wait, wasn't there a school carnival the night Stefan staked Vicki? I never had a town where history repeats itself. You know I'm right," Damon tells them.

"We're not gonna kill her," Elena says.

Stefan and Elena leave. Caroline follows.

Damon looks at Caroline, saying, "It's the only way."

Caroline, Elena, and Stefan are looking for Grace.

"You agree with Damon, don't you? Stefan?" Caroline asks.

Stefan punches the side of a trailer.

"Stefan. Hey," Elena says.

"Damon's right, not about what we should do but about what's gonna happen. Katherine already signed Grace's death sentence," Stefan tells them.

"Well we can't let it end that way. She's doing this to Elena, isn't she?" Caroline asks, then tells them, "But in fact, she's hurting me in the process of all of this, since she's my sister."

"Actually she's doing it to me," Stefan says.

Stefan notices something different in the air.

"Where could she be?" Elena asks, sees Stefan, asking, "What is it? Do you hear her? What's going on Stefan, what is it?"

"Blood. I call smell blood," Stefan says.

Damon embraces Grace and behind her back raises the stake ready to kill her but Stefan arrives and rushes over and pulls his hand away. The stake falls to the ground.

"Stefan!" Damon says.

Caroline and Elena are standing with Grace.

Grace thinking Elena is Katherine says "Get away from me! You killed me!"

"No, no, no, no, Grace, That wasn't me. You know that. That was Katherine," Elena tells her.

"No! Then why did she look like you?! And why, why did she do this to me?!" Grace asks.

"Stefan, we've got to get her inside," Caroline says.

"It's alright, Grace, come with me," Stefan says.

"She will die, it's on;y a matter of time," Damon says.

"Yeah, maybe so, but it's not gonna happen tonight," Stefan tells him.

"Oh, yeah, it is," Damon says.

He picks up the stake and rushes over them but Caroline puts herself in front of Grace.

"Damon, she's my sister," Caroline says.

Damon hesitates, staring at Caroline who refuses to move. Then he drops his arm.

"Whatever happens, it's on you," Damon says.

Bonnie arrives.

"Grace?" Bonnie asks.

"It's okay, come on," Stefan says.

Bonnie sees the blood on Grace's face saying,"No, you're not; you can't be," touches her and is horrified by the truth.

"Bonnie?" Grace asks.

She sees Carter's body.

"Oh, god!" Bonnie says.

"Bonnie..." Grace begins.

Stefan takes Grace and Caroline away from the area to the bathroom. Caroline takes some tissue to wipe the blood off her face. Grace starts washing away the blood too.

"She hates me! Bonnie hates me," Grace says.

"No, no, she's just in shock, we all are," Caroline says.

"And what about Matt?" Grace asks, crying.

"Ssh. One thing at one time, let's get this blood off, come on," Caroline tells her.

"I'm a murderer. I'm a monster," Grace says.

"Look at me, your emotions are heightened right now. It's part of the transformation. It's completely normal. I promise you. Okay?" Stefan tells her.

Grace sees her face changing in the mirror and starts to panic.

"Why does this keep happening to my face?" Grace asks.

"Look at me, look at me, look at me! Grace, Grace! Look at me! Look at my face, look at my face!" Stefan says, his face changed too, then tells her, "You see that? When you feel the blood rushing, you tell yourself that you're going to get through it, that you're strong enough. Yes, yes, no matter how good it feels to give yourself over to it, you fight it off, you bury it. Watch me, watch me," his face is normal again saying, "It's the only way you're gonna survive this thing. Try."

She takes a few breaths, her face returns to normal.

"That's good," Caroline says.

"Why did Katherine do this to me?" Grace asks.

"We don't know, We wish we did. Hey, hey, we promise you we will not let anything happen to you. Come here. Come here," Stefan tells her.

Caroline and Stefan embrace Grace.

Later

Elena is at her locker. Stefan and Caroline arrive.

"Hey. Grace is okay for now. I'm gonna check in on her later," Caroline tells her.

"What about the guy that she..." Elena begins.

"It's taken care of," Stefan says.

"Damon's right, isn't he?" Caroline asks, then says, "It won't end well for my sister."

"No, I'm gonna make sure that he's wrong," Stefan tells them.

"I have to go now," Caroline says.

"Your sister will be okay," Elena says and embraces her.

"Bye Stefan," Caroline says.

"Bye Care," Stefan says.

Forbes Residence

Caroline arrives home and enters her room. She gets in her pjs and starts crying until she falls asleep.