chapter six

Once again, you woke up in Spencer's apartment, the smell of burnt food consuming it entirely.

You raised your head up from the couch to see an awkwardly smiling Spencer standing next to what you had correctly assumed to be burnt pancakes.

"I'm uh, really sorry about that Y/n. I'm not exactly the best chef but I tried to make you breakfast and..."

Shutting him up with a kiss on the cheek, you said, "It's okay, really. Don't worry, it's the thought that counts. I can just order some breakfast."

The food arrived soon after and you two began to eat, losing track of time.

"So... last night. Would you mind if we talked about it?", he said.

"I mean, I don't know about you but I enjoyed myself. I wouldn't mind doing that again if you were on the same page of course."

He responded by leaning in to kiss you when all of a sudden his front door opened.

"Reid! Where are you? You're late for work and Prentiss was worried so she sent me to come and get you."

Standing in the doorway was none other than your best friend, Luke Alvez.

Both of your eyes widened.

"Luke" "Y/n", you said in unison.

"You two know each other?", Spencer said.

"And they call you a genius?", Luke joked.

"WAIT... how did I not realize he was the 'pipe cleaner/genius' from your job that you were trying to set me up with?"

"I have no idea either", Luke said. "So how do you two know each other Y/n?"

"He's actually my uh boyfriend".

Spencer gave you a confused stare for a second but began to play along. It came out of your mouth without a thought and you just hoped you hadn't scared him away.

"Look at you Reid, finally getting the girl. She's like a sister to me though and a great person as well so if you hurt her I will not hesitate to hurt you back."

Laughing awkwardly, Spencer said, "Thanks Luke, I got the message."

You checked the time on your phone and saw that half an hour had gone by, adding on to his already being late.

"You should get going before your boss decides to fire you."

"Oh shit. Reid let's go. I'll wait for you in the car, hurry up."

You stood there for a moment, staring at each other in slight confusion.

"I promise once we get back from the case I'll explain it all and why I didn't tell you. I'm sorry Y/n".

"It's okay, don't worry. We'll talk later like you said."

Walking outside, you placed a chaste kiss on his lips and waved goodbye.

It was two in the morning when you were awoken by the ringing of your phone. It was Spencer.

"Hey 'Reid'. Why are you calling me right now?"

"I apologize, I forgot about the time difference between Virginia and California, which is ironic considering I have an eidetic memory. I'm rambling on sorry, I was having trouble sleeping and just wanted to talk with you."

"Awe, well I'm still tired but I can try to stay awake and talk with you"

"Thank you Y/n", he said.

"So why does Luke call you Reid, like is everyone at the BAU on a last name basis?"

"For the most part yes. I mean one of my coworkers calls me Spence but we've known each other for over ten years and are pretty close. So um yeah it's mainly a last name basis there."

"Ohh okay", you said yawning.

"This is a bit random but, you know... when you told Luke I was your boyfriend, I sort of liked the sound of it."

A soft snore escaped your lips, you had fallen asleep.

He gave a small smile and hung up the phone, letting you sleep.

Three weeks later, Spencer called and told you that he had just gotten back from the case.

New Text Message From Spencer Reid

Hi Y/n, I was wondering if you would want to come over tonight.

Of course! Time?

7:30 PM?

See you then 'Reid' ;)

A few hours had gone by and you got ready to head downstairs to his apartment.

You knocked on his door and he let you in, offering you something to drink.

He gave you your water and you sat on the couch watching a nature documentary.

Once it ended, he started up a conversation. "Remember when Luke asked how we knew each other and you said I was your boyfriend? I might have liked the sound of that and was wondering if you would want to be my girlfriend."

"Don't doubt yourself Spencer, of course I would want to", you said kissing him on the lips.

He kissed you back, grabbing your arm and pulling you into his bedroom.

—————————————————————————
A/N: Heyy 🖐🏼!  Sorry it's been almost two weeks, I was stressed w how to write my plot b I got it now. If anyone is reading this I was wondering if you could lmk if I should like keep this straight to the point and like interesting w future plot points which means it would be somewhat shorter than ur average fic or if I should try to make it long and kinda have filler chapters until I get to said points. If you can, please let me know. As always, thank you for reading and have a good day :)