chapter twenty-one

Spencer POV:

It was the middle of the night and I was quietly preparing to meet with Thomas at the warehouse. His motive was somewhat unclear but I knew that I was in danger and that my family would be in more danger if I didn't go.

I tried to think positively but the logistics of  it seemed bleak. I walked into Y/N and the twins' rooms, taking a look at them before I left, just in case something were to happen.

My mind was stuck on the fact that Thomas had managed to contact me while we were in WITSEC and I couldn't help but think back to George Foyet. Thomas asking to meet away from the house somewhat eased my mind but there were still doubts.
. . .
Walking into the warehouse, I saw Thomas standing a few feet ahead of me, the emptiness of the warehouse engulfing him.

"Spencer! How nice of you to join me", he said

I quickly walked over and waited for him to tell me what I needed to do in order to keep my family safe.

"Now, I'm sure you're wondering why I've brought you here. I figured if I can't have her then neither can you so we're going to have a little fun, hand me your phone."

"Fun? Thomas I-"

He quickly tied me up and took my phone.

"Shut up, I don't want to hear another word from you! I'll come back with your lunch in a few hours and just as a reminder, you better not have told anyone about coming here. I already told you I would burn down this warehouse, everyone inside, if you did."

"I didn't I didn't, trust me."

"Good, then we should have no problems", he said before placing a gag over my mouth and exiting.

I stayed up for a bit longer and began thinking about the possibility of escaping and saving my family from Thomas.

. . .
"Spencer where have you been? We're about to cut the twins' cake", Y/N said.

"I uh-Sorry I just felt a bit off. Let's cut their cakes."

We walked back into the backyard except it was one I had never seen before, it wasn't from the safe house. The twins were sitting by their cakes, my teammates standing in front of them.

"Daddy!", the twins said in unison.

"Well look who finally arrived. You okay kid?", Rossi said.

"I'm fine yeah."

I turned back around after speaking with Rossi. Everything was suddenly empty, Spencer and Sydney had disappeared and so had everyone else. I felt a tap on my shoulder...

"Wake up! I brought you lunch", Thomas said, bringing me out of what appeared to be a dream and placing an untoasted bagel in in front of me. "So I've realized that you're more of a liability than an asset to me at the moment. I know that I told you to come here in order to guarantee your family's safety but life isn't always fair is it, so tell me where Y/N is."

"I refuse to put them in danger."

"Tell me!"

"No."

He stared at me and began angrily kicking me.

"Tell me or I will force it out of you and I have no problem doing the latter."

. . .
Y/N POV:

You could sense something was off when Spencer walked away in the middle of party planning. He said he had a headache and you knew he had history of getting them but he would've told you if he had one. The way he got up and left to his room so abruptly was a cause for suspicion.

As soon as you woke up, you went to check on him but he wasn't in his room. You had just been reunited and now he was gone once again. You frantically called John, your marshal, alerting him of the situation.

John arrived at the house and told you to gather your belongings. You packed up everything and got into his car with the twins, heading to the BAU.

You exited the elevator and were greeted by Luke.

"Y/N I'm so sorry. Are you guys okay?"

"Truthfully, I've been better but I know you guys will find him so I'm just trying to calm down for Sydney and Spencer's sake."

"Trust me Y/N, I know we're not supposed to say this but we'll find him."

Emily walked over and stood next to him. "In the meantime, the three of you will be staying here again. Y/N, can you leave the girls here with Luke for a moment so I can interview you?"

"Of course. My loves, I'll be back soon okay. I'm going to go talk to Aunt Emily for a few minutes."

The two of you went to another room and sat.

"Y/N I'm going to need you to tell me as much as you can of what happened."

"The twins' birthday is coming up so Spencer and I sat down with them to plan it. Midway through, he checked his phone and rushed into his room. When he came back he was acting a bit weird and said he had a headache but it wasn't like Spencer to randomly leave the room like that. Then this morning I woke up and he wasn't there."

"Do you have any ideas as to who could've called him? Do you think Thomas came back?"

"I honestly think it was Thomas. I can't think of anyone else that would've caused him to act like that. The only problem is how he managed to reach Spencer."

"Thank you for telling me everything. I'll talk to the team and see what we can piece together so far."

You walked out of the room and took the twins to Penelope's office, needing some of her sunshine.

"Hey Aunt Penny look who's here to see you!"

"Hello! I haven't seen my favorite nieces in forever, what have you little geniuses been up to?"

"But we're the only girls?", little Spencer said.

"Exactly, and that makes you my favorites", Penelope said booping their noses, "How about we go do some coloring huh, sound fun ladies?"

"Yeah!", they said in unison.

They began coloring and Penelope pulled you aside, asking about how you were and about everything that happened.

—————————————————————————
A/N: Hey babes, thank you so much for reading <3 I'm not the biggest fan of this chapter but I'm really trying to write and stay motivated as I've somewhat found inspiration again. Also, while I was sitting in bed I realized that I have important exams both this month and next so I don't know how much I'll be able to update and apologize if I can't update as much as I wish I could.