chapter twelve

It was finally Halloween, Spencer's favorite holiday. You went downstairs to his apartment in preparation for the night to come. The two of you were going to join JJ and her family in trick-or-treating.

"Hey! Are we driving over to JJs or is she coming here?", you said.

"JJs, Henry and Michael wanted to go trick or treating in their neighborhood because the candy there is better apparently"

You got in the car and arrived at JJs house 30 minutes later.

"Uncle Spence, you're finally here!", Henry said, "Who's she?"

"Hi Henry", Spencer said, "She's my girlfriend, Y/N"

"Hi, nice to meet you", Henry said.

"It's nice to meet you too. Are you excited to go trick-or-treating?"

"Of course", he said.

JJ walked outside of the house, Michael and Will alongside her.

"Hey Spence! Y/N", she said, "Are you guys ready to get going? I think Michael's gonna fall asleep soon"

"Let's go", the two of you said in unison.

The six of you spent and hour going around the neighborhood until Michael had fallen asleep. You walked into JJs house to say your goodbyes and then hopped in the car with Spencer. When you were halfway to your apartment building when you got a call from Garcia and put the phone on speaker.

"Hey lover girl! I'm here with Luke and we were wondering if you and your man would want to hang out with us tonight."

You turned towards Spencer giving him an inquisitive look.

"Sure Garcia, we'll drive there now", he said.

"Einstein! I figured you'd be there with her. Anyway, I'm glad you said yes, get here ASAP, but no rush of course"

"Alright Penny, see you soon", you said.

You soon arrived at Garcia's house.

"How are my two favorite people doing?", she said.

"I'm pretty good and I'm guessing Spencer would say he is too if he hadn't disappeared with Luke."

Garcia walked with you to the living room where Luke and Spencer were talking.

"Wow Luke, what a way to greet your bestfriend", you said jokingly as you walked in.

"Y/N, sorry, Reid and I were just talking about an old case", he said.

"It's alright. So, what did you guys want to do? I mean I could use a drink after spending most of the night with Henry and Michael. They're not bad kids but it was... a lot"

"No worries madam genius, I have some wine for these occasions", Garcia said.

"Thank you so much Pen."

As time passed by, so did the contents of the bottle of wine.

"Not to be too forward, ok I sort of am but I just need to say, you two would be such cute parents ugh. Just imagine the baby geniuses."

"Okay uh I think we should all hold off a bit on that. So how are things with the two of you?", Luke said.

"Things are going very well actually. We've been dating for almost five months now and I think I speak for the both of us when I say I'm happy", Spencer said.

You hugged him, placing a chaste kiss on his lips.

"I can't say I disagree."

A Few Weeks Later

It was now November, around a month away from the new year. You were sitting in your apartment, waiting for Spencer to get back from a case. Your phone began to ring, it was him.

"Hi Y/N. I'm on my way back from work and wanted to let you know that Rossi has invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner, if you want to go of course, I know being around everyone can be a bit much."

"Spence, of course I'll go with you. What time should I be ready by?"

"Well he said dinner was at 5 so I'd assume we should both be ready by 3:30 or 4 with the distance from here to his home."

"Sounds good, I'll let you go so that I can start getting ready."

After you were ready, you headed downstairs to Spencer's apartment. You sat on his couch and waited for him.

"Alright, I'm finally done. I was struggling on which color I wanted to wear so I just went with Earth tones since autumn is about to end", he said.

"Took you long enough love. You look good."

"Thank You. You look amazing as well. It seems we both decided on Earth tones, we're watching."

"Awe, we are. Time went by so fast, it's almost 4:15. I think we should start the drive to Rossi's now Spence."

The two of you got in your car and drove to Rossi's, arriving five minutes late.

"Nice of you to join us kids. I made my special carbonara as well as some of the holiday regulars", Rossi said as he opened the door.

"Hey Rossi! Sorry we're late, we lost track of time and all the sudden it was less than an hour until 5."

"Its alright bella. Everyone's in the living room. Reid, you stay here for a minute, we need to have a little conversation."

"Bye love, good luck with that", you said pacing a kiss on his cheek and walking towards the other guests.

"So kid... you two huh. Where do you see things going? A little proposal?", Rossi said.

"I uh, oh wow Rossi you caught me a bit off-guard there. I mean I do love her and see a future with her, I'm just scared. I think it's too soon."

"I get you boy wonder. Just remember, I've learned in life that waiting forever isn't always the best option. Take from that what you will and let's go out to the living room."

"Thanks Rossi."

"No problem kid."

You had been talking to Tara and Emily when you saw them walk back in.

"Okay my friends, let's all head over to the table.  È ora di mangiare."

The food was immaculate of course. You grew more tired as the night progressed and decided it was time to head back home. Spencer grabbed your hand and the two of you said your goodbyes, walking to the car.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hey! So this is my first chapter that's over 1000 words. I was dreading writing it because I had no idea what to put so I'm sorry if it's bad. Thank you so much for reading <3 (I added in a little 'es hora de comer' 👀). I also wanted to post this as quickly as possible so I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes.