chapter nineteen

The car pulled into the driveway, your marshal, John, following behind you towards the house. Spencer carried his sleeping namesake out of the car and into her shared bedroom with Sydney whom you had been carrying. There was enough space in the house to place them in separate rooms but as it was an entirely new environment, Spencer had agreed that it would be best for them to stay together until they were seemingly comfortable enough to be on their own.

The twins went down for a nap and you walked into the kitchen, Spencer waking in shortly thereafter.

"So they're both still asleep, I just checked", he said.

"I might just take a power nap, everything from these last few days has drained all of my energy. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the girls have you now but wow- It's a lot, it's still a lot but we'll all get used to it eventually."

"Children can be a bit of a handful but I'd say the girls are relatively calm, it's just more difficult being that there's two of them. I'm sorry everything had to happen this way, I'll let you rest."

"Thank you Spence", you said sleepily before pulling the blanket over yourself and falling asleep.

. . .
Spencer POV:

After Y/N fell asleep I walked into the twins' room, staring at them in astonishment as they slept. I couldn't believe that they were ours, that I had been gone for so long and missed so much.

. . .
A few hours had passed by and I was in my bedroom watching Doctor Who when I heard the patter of many footsteps coming towards me. The girls had woken up from their nap, Y/N as well, running behind them.

"Good morning my loves, or should I say evening. Speaking of, Y/N what do you think we should do for dinner?"

"Pizza seems pretty good, I know they like it and I know for a fact you do."

"I'll ask John if he can bring us the missing ingredients."

"Are you sure you want to make a pizza... with these two over here?"

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"Famous last words. You're going to be covered in flour and I will make sure to take pictures of it."

"It's all in good fun, I'm not worried."

. . .
Back to Y/N POV:

You were standing back and watching it all unfold, laughing occasionally as Sydney and little Spencer found new ways to mess with their father but eventually followed along with him.

Seeing the three of them making pizza reminded you of the time you had made pancakes together.

The two of you arrived at the store and began searching the aisles for the pancake mix. Spencer quickly found it and put it in the cart. You checked out and began the drive back.

"Your apartment or mine?", you asked.

"Mine?", he responded.

Once you arrived, he locked his door behind him helped you unpack the ingredients, placing them on the counter.

"Okay so pass me the wet ingredients and a bowl. You do the dry ingredients and then we'll put them all together."

After half an hour of chaos, the pancakes were finished but slightly burnt.

Coming back into focus, you saw that they had finished preparing the pizza and were ready to put it in the oven.

. . .
You ate your pizza together and it surprisingly wasn't bad.

Spencer later grabbed the TV remote and put on The Little Mermaid, going back into the kitchen to make popcorn.

Due to their somewhat lengthy nap, the twins were nowhere near tired even though it was almost 10:00pm. Spencer turned off the TV and pulled out a book in hopes that it would put them to sleep.

A few minutes later, they knocked out and you both took them to their toddler beds.

You walked back out into the living room, needing some time to unwind. Spencer walked in behind you, sitting on the other end of the couch.

"So... What do you want to watch?", you said.

"Whatever you want to watch is fine, I was usually amused by your choice in entertainment."

"Are you okay with Black Mirror?"

. . .
Soon enough it was two in the morning and you both realized you had to get to bed.

"Good night Y/N."

"Good night Spence."

You walked into your bedrooms and laid down.

. . .
It was 11:00 am and you had just woken up. You decided that you were going to make a simple breakfast.

You pulled out eggs and vegetables as well as bagels.

Midway through making an omelette, Sydney and little Spencer woke up and ran into the kitchen.

"Good morning my loves. Do you want to help me make some breakfast? We can bring dad's breakfast to his room since he's still sleeping."

They nodded their heads in agreement and walked over to the kitchen counter. You handed little Spencer a butter knife to put cream cheese on a bagel and Sydney a few eggs to crack while you cut up more vegetables for the next omelette.

. . .
The food was done and you plated it with the girls. You all walked into Spencer's room, and the twins jumped on his bed to wake him up.

"Daddy, we made breakfast!", they said.

"Oh wow girls. Fantastic job, it looks amazing!"

They sat down next to him, one on each side, waiting for you.

"Do you want to eat in here together or in the kitchen?", you said.

"I would say here but thinking about all of the crumbs and bugs it could bring about, we should go to the kitchen."

"Come on girls, to the kitchen we go!", you said gesturing them forward.

. . .
As there wasn't much you could do while being in hiding, you decided to do some drawing after eating breakfast.

Spencer drew a lizard, Sydney drew her version of a dog, you drew your favorite animal, and little Spencer drew her own version of a cat.

————————————————————————
A/N: It's currently almost 2 am but I haven't posted in more than a week so I wanted to post this as soon as possible, apologies if it's bad. I will be fixing any errors later on so if you see a second notif for ch 19 sometime soon, that's why.