chapter fifteen

(I've never added a song to a fic so idk if this will work out how I planned but uh, if you want, start it at 0:45?)

—————————————————————————
"Y/N I-"
—————————————————————————
"I think you need to see this", she said.

You walked a few steps over to her desk, still somewhat sleepy when you read the headline.

Plane Crash Just Outside of Virginia Leaving Hundreds Injured, Near Death

"No- Please tell me that's not Spencer's flight."

Penelope stared down at her lap in a solemn moment.

"Penelope please!", you said tearing up.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry", she said crying.

She held you as you cried and then walked over to her computer to get more information and call the team.

"Y/N, Emily just called and told me that he was airlifted to a local hospital. We can head there now if you're up to it."

"Sure, just let me get dressed quickly."

The two of you drove to the hospital in silence, not knowing what to expect or feel in terms of Spencer's condition.

"We're here! How is he?", Garcia said walking quickly into the waiting room with you.

"They just rushed him in. I'm not sure but I don't think it's looking too good. I'm sorry Y/N", Emily said.

You nodded at her and sat down, staring down at the hospital floor, your mind completely blank.

Penelope tapped you once again, bringing you back to reality. JJ was walking towards you and the team, a sad expression upon her face.

"I just talked to the doctor, he uh- he didn't make it. God, I'm so sorry. If you need anything please let me know."

"Why do the worst things always happen to the best people, it's not fair", Penelope said trying to hold back her tears.

You felt your senses drift away, all you saw was darkness. Moments later you woke up, your body splayed across an exam table.

"What happened I- Is this real?", you said hoping otherwise.

"I'm sorry my love. We'll get through this together, I promise. There's a doctor here to check on you since you fainted", Penelope said.

The doctor introduced themself and began asking you questions.

"Have you had any prior history of fainting?"

"No, this is the first time."

"I see, it's understandable with everything you've just gone through. Extreme levels of stress can lead to fainting. It seems you are fine but we can do further tests if you feel as such."

"I think I'm fine. Thank you. Pen, can we go see him now."

"Of course sweet, we'll go now. Thank you doc."

You walked into his hospital room, staring down at the man you once thought you'd have everything with. The two of you had planned on eventually getting married and discussed having kids, you knew he wanted them. Now, however, you felt lost in life, knowing that neither of these things would be able to happen, your future plans thrown off track.

"I'm so sorry for getting mad at you the day you left. I was just feeling bad and I was in a bad mood because of it. I shouldn't have left things like that but now here we are. I love you so much."

You finished saying your goodbyes to him and walked into the hallway crying when Penelope found you.

"Y/N, you look exhausted. Lets get you home to pack some more stuff for your stay at the BAU. I can spend the night with you again if you need."

"Okay", you said slowly lifting yourself up from the floor.

A few hours had gone by and you were laying on a couch in the BAU, staring up at the ceiling while Penelope had fallen asleep. You get up and walked to the bathroom, standing in front of the sink and letting your mind wander.

. . .

Getting up to add more sugar into your coffee, you almost bump into someone. "I'm so sorry!", the tall stranger with wavy brown hair said frantically. "Did I spill any coffee on you?".

"No you're good don't worry", you smiled at him. "I haven't seen you before and I come here every week, what's your name?".

"It's Spencer", he said smiling back. "And yours?"

"Y/n".

. . .

"Remember when Luke asked how we knew each other and you said I was your boyfriend? I might have liked the sound of that and was wondering if you would want to be my girlfriend."

"Don't doubt yourself Spencer, of course I would want to", you said kissing him on the lips.

. . .

He pulled out a little box and walked back over to you.

"You can open your eyes now."

You turned around and stared at him still somewhat confused, "W-"

"It's a promise ring. I feel like it might be a bit to soon for an engagement at the moment but I just wanted to show you that I do intend on this relationship going somewhere and that I'm serious about it and about us."

"Spence I- Thank you, you're so amazing. I love it. I'm serious about this too."

. . .

You stared into the mirror and saw yourself crying. After coming back into focus, you felt tired and went back to the office after calming down, Garcia sleeping next to you. You knew there was a lot left to do but you couldn't deal with it all in one day. Soon after, you fell asleep.

—————————————————————————
A/N: I'm so so sorry uh, this chapter was the first part of the fic I had conceptualized (while listening to Pluto Projector and the song above) which is why things might have felt rushed bc I was trying to figure out how to begin things and get to this. Just trust me please. I'm sorry if this ruined your Valentine's Day but today was the only day I had time to write as I'm going to be busy tomorrow. 💕