chapter twenty-two

Y/N POV:

It was late at night and you were standing in the BAU bullpen. You texted Penelope to ensure that Sydney and Spencer were still asleep in her 'Batcave' and walked over to the kitchenette to fix yourself something warm.

Staring down at the sugar packets, you were startled by a sudden hand on your shoulder.

"Shit!", you said almost dropping your drink, "Luke please don't scare me like that."

"Sorry Y/N, what are you doing awake? It's 4 in the morning?"

"I'm honestly not sure, it just feels like I shouldn't be sleeping with Spencer somewhere out there while I'm here and safe with our daughters. It all just doesn't feel right."

"Of course it doesn't feel right, but your girls need you and he needs you and the only way to help us find him is if you're level headed enough and you need sleep for that. I'll stay with you guys for tonight at least if it helps in some way."

"Okay okay, you're right Mr. Know-it-all. I'll try to go to sleep. You don't have to stay though Luke, I don't want to impose. These couches aren't the comfiest and you need keep just as much as I do."

"If you change your mind I'm only a call away, you know that right?"

"I know", you said giving him a small closed mouth smile.

He was about to exit the room when you said, "Luke! Thank you, honestly. I don't think I've ever had a chance to thank you for your friendship now that I think about it."

"Of course Y/N, it's no problem. Thank you too, have a good night."

"Don't let the bedbugs bite."

. . .
It was now the next day, another at the BAU waiting hopefully for the team to track down Thomas and bring Spencer back. The twins woke up so you quickly gave them breakfast and sat with them.

Emily walked into the room in a rush, "Penelope located Thomas, we're going over there now."

"Emily wait, should I come with you guys just in case? I'll stay in the car but maybe seeing me will help him to let Spencer go."

"This is against my better judgement but I'm hoping you're right. Please stay in the car like you said, don't get out unless we get you because it became absolutely necessary."

"Of course."

. . .
Emily POV:
(Earlier)

After speaking with Y/N, I gathered the team at the round table, "So far, what we have is that Thomas most likely took Reid as he has a possible motive to do so, the question is how. How did the two of them come in contact? Any ideas?"

"I mean do we think that Thomas came to the safe house and took him or could he have contacted Reid beforehand somehow?", Matt said.

"That's the million dollar question", responded Rossi.

"Look at it though, there's no way Thomas could've come to the safe house unannounced without Y/N or the kids seeing him and saying something, even if he were only there to take Reid. I think he got in contact with him somehow, maybe called or texted him, and then scheduled a meeting", Luke said.

"The only problem is that he would've had to have somehow found the new phone number Reid was assigned. Is there any way you can look into Reid's call history on it?", said JJ.

"You underestimate me my sweets", Garcia responded, "Okay so Reid's call history doesn't have any trace of Thomas on it but there's still a lot of ways to get in contact."

"Garcia, try checking to see if any of the numbers appear untraceable. There's always a possibility that Thomas decided to play things smart and use a burner phone", Tara said.

"Amazing as always, there is in fact a phone call from an untracked number here. I'm tracing down the store it was bought from as we speak. Okay so it was bought from the Target on 87th, payed in cash."

"Thank you Penelope. Simmons and Alvez, go speak to the cashier and see if they can ID Thomas, we need to make sure that it's him", I said.

. . .
My phone rang and I saw that it was Luke calling.

"We just finished talking to the cashier. He IDed Thomas and showed him on the security tape."

"I'll let Garcia know so she can look further into him, thanks."

I walked into Garcia's office and told her the news.

"Lucky for you, I already started looking into him and found something interesting. There are no other properties under his name but there is a warehouse being payed for by a card of his. I'll send you the address now, go fill in the team and speed away to get Boy Genius back", Garcia said.

"Thank you again Penelope, I'll go now."

I gathered the team at the round table once again, Matt and Luke by phone. "Garcia just traced a warehouse to Thomas being payed for by his credit card.  We believe it could be where Spencer is being held. Luke and Matt, we'll meet you there. Everyone else, let's go."

Before we left I quickly walked over to Y/N and let her know what was happening.

. . .
Spencer POV:

Thomas had been gone for a few hours and lunch had already passed. I was beginning to worry about ever seeing my family again, the BAU included. The sound of his footsteps brought me out of my pondering.

"Oh Spencer, what am I going to do with you. You've given me no information and you're boring me. Today is your last chance to tell me where Y/N is."

"Im not going to", I said looking up to make eye contact with him.

"Well then", he said patting my shoulder, "only a few more hours."

Suddenly, I heard the warehouse door open. Emily and JJ came in, prompting Thomas to angrily reach into his pants and point his gun at me.

"I knew you'd be more trouble than you're worth. Don't come any closer or I'll shoot him. All I want is Y/N, I couldn't care less about him", Thomas said.

"Thomas please don't do this", JJ said.

"Think clearly about this, killing an FBI agent isn't going to bring you anything but a prison sentence", said Emily.

"I'll just say it again, bring me Y/N", Thomas responded.

"Will you let him go if I bring her here to see you?", Emily said.

"Yes", he said.

"We'll see what we can do", said JJ.

—————————————————————————
A/N: Heyy, guess who finally had time to write😃. I'll be posting the continuation to this chapter hopefully sometime in the next week or two. I wrote this all yesterday but forgot to post so here you are. Thank you so much for reading <3