Nico

Nico woke up because of sunlight in his eyes. It was very annoying and very bright. He sat up and glanced around, disoriented. He realized, Oh yeah. Infirmary. Yesterday.  He stretched, and glanced around. The Apollo kids were running around, as usual, but there were significantly less occupied beds then there had been yesterday.

He glanced over at the nightstand, and found a plate of waffles, his empty flask, and a cup of coffee. There was a note scribbled on it with sharpie. 

                                      Nico: don't touch. If you want                                                                                       coffee, get your own. please eat something.                                                                                                                                              -Will

Nico sighed and grabbed a waffle. He surprised himself by actually finishing all three. He glanced up again, and caught a glance of Will. He looked tired, slightly, but was running around helping people as usual. 

Nico decided that it would be a good time to sift through complicated feelings about that boy now. Okay. He was annoying. And sunshiney. And he tried to see the best in everyone. And could calm people down easily. And he calmed Nico down. And it was hard to be mad around him. And he was just as brave as Percy or Jason. And he cared about him. Probably. He did come by Nico's cabin and demand that he be hospitalized so.. yeah, he probably did care. Nico cared about him too. He thought he was an idiot, but he would murder anyone who tried to hurt him. Verdict: Nico was annoyed about liking him so much.  

Okay. Complicated feelings: Dealt with. Just then, Will sat down next to him. "You alright, death boy?" He asked. "Don't call me that." He said, less stiffly than he would normally have. "Mhmm." Said Will. "So. Are you alright? Any other random werewolf scratches I should know about?" Nico rolled his eyes. "No, Doc. I'm fine, Doc." Will grinned. "Good. How's your strength level?" "I'm.. occasionally fading into shadow. Less than I used to, probably because of the absence of hundred-mile jumps." 

Will immediately started freaking out. "You're telling me that you faded into shadow and only now decided to tell me?!!" He demanded. "Er.. yes?" "GODS, NICO. THAT'S A LITTLE NOTEWORTHY." 

"Well there's not much you could do about it, even if I did tell you." "Okay, that's fair. What have you been doing about it?" Will asked, calming down slightly. "Unicorn Draught. It has the same properties as ambrosia, but without the threat of bursting into flame." Will nodded. "Useful. Is that what's in the flask?" 

He gestured to the flask on the side table, which Nico had honestly forgotten about. "Yeah. Or rather, it was. I drank the last of it." Will nodded. "I have a couple of things to deal with, I'll let you know when it's time for lunch. Alright?" Nico nodded. Will grinned. "See ya later, Sunshine!" Will called. "Don't call me that!" Nico called, in the same tone. Will laughed and kept walking. 

Nico sighed. Why did he have to be so infuriatingly perfect?