Chapter Twenty Three

My alarm rings loudly on my nightstand, buzzing against the wooden top shaking me from my euphoric dreams. The sun has barely risen over the horizon, casting a dull glow across my room when I realize I'm all alone.

Glancing over to the bathroom as I sit up to see if Jungkook is in there, I frown when I see the door wide open and the adjoining room empty of his presence. I hate that I've grown so comfortable with not sleeping or waking up alone. It took me quite some time to enjoy the feeling and now that I'm so accustomed to seeing his handsome face, a small ping of disappointment resounds in my chest.

Did he regret making things official after all? If so, the awkwardness of living together is about to take over.

The door pushes open slowly while I unwrap my hair from the silk scarf and I quirk my brow in confusion until I see Jungkook concentrating on the tray he's carrying with his Air Pods in his ears. Doing his best to not spill the orange juice or drop the plate of scrambled eggs, toast and bacon, he doesn't even notice me smiling at him until he reaches the bed. Slowly looking up as he places the food down on my nightstand, he bashfully smiles back at me and removes his wireless ear buds, turning his music off in the process.

"I was hoping to be able to wake you." He whispers as he leans over to gingerly kiss my forehead.

"My alarm just went off a minute or two ago." I shrug as I look over to the large plate of food. "All of that is for me?"

"For us both. I figured we could have breakfast together before your first day back at school." He stabs a few pieces of the eggs before bringing it to my mouth, "Open up beautiful."

He watches my lips part for him before slowly easing it in and then taking a bite for himself.

"Wait," I mumble before swallowing my bite, "you cooked this? Not Jimin?" I asked with a bit of shock. I didn't even know he knew how to cook. He was always eating cereal or takeout before I moved in.

He chuckles as he picks up some more food on the silver fork while sitting down beside me, "Yes, I cooked this. Shocking, I know." He holds his hand under the waiting food as he holds it up for me, "It was just me and my mom, remember?. We took turns cooking. I didn't like the idea of her having to work so much and come home to make us dinner all of the time so I taught myself. Now, it's not nearly as good as her cooking or yours, but..." He shrugs, trailing off his sentence.

"It's really good and I appreciate this so much." I give him a quick peck on his cheek as I stealthily reach over to grab a piece of bacon.

"Hey! I'm supposed to be feeding you." He smiles as I hold the other piece of meat up to his mouth.

My second alarm sounds to let me know I need to start getting ready. He pouts as he sees me wriggle my way out of the covers and walk over to my closet to pick out something to put on. Grabbing a simple pair of ripped high rise denim jeans and a white crop top, I lay them across the bed and make my way towards the bathroom.

Stopping at the doorway, I look back with a smile, "Are you just going to sit there or are you going to join me?"

Jungkook's eyes grow wide and his smile even wider as he struggles to pull the blanket off of him and run over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as we walk into the bathroom, giggling together along the way.

<<<>>>

Waving goodbye to Jungkook as he drops me off at the campus, Robyn meets me with an iced coffee and a knowing smirk. Her long blonde hair was braided into two loose dutch braids and her baby pink hoodie almost hid her hands completely.