Chapter Thirty Four

The clock turns from 5:29 to 5:30pm and Jungkook's heart plummets as he brings back up the address to where you're currently staying. It's late enough that you should be back from school and the thought of knowing he's going to see you suddenly terrifies him.

He was elated earlier that day as he trotted off towards the bathroom to make sure he was presentable and didn't smell like death was looming over him. A smile had been on his face for the first time in a week as he marched into the kitchen and actually made himself something to eat for once. 

But now? Now he was anxious.

With trembling hands, he places his phone into his jeans pocket and takes a deep breath. Standing up from the corner of his bed, he jumps up and down and few times to get his blood flowing again.

What will he even say? How will she react?

Shaking his head, he pushes aside the negative thoughts threatening to invade his mind. He couldn't have that type of energy around him right now. All he could do was try and show you that he wants you, only you, and that he's so very sorry for accusing you.

Backing out of the driveway, he feels almost nauseous as the GPS calls out the first set of directions. With every roll of his tires, he knew he was getting closer to finally seeing you and he prayed that you wouldn't reject him. He doesn't think he could bear the sight of you dismissing him again.

The GPS calls out the last direction, letting him know his destination will be on the right. Slowly driving down the street, he looks at the numbers on the houses until he sees the one with the correct digits staring back at him along with the same white sedan you were driving before parked in the driveway. Sat on top of the hill was the white house with dark gray shutters and a well kept lawn. The house looked fairly big for just two guys living there and although you weren't with him and Jimin, he was glad to know you probably had some of your own space.

Stepping out of the car, he takes a deep breath one more time and adjusts his bomber jacket. The motion sensor lights kicked on as he reaches the first step and he slightly jumps from the surprise. He really needed to calm himself down before he made himself look like an idiot.

But this time around, he couldn't regain composure by bringing out JK. No, you deserved Kookie. Sweet, soft, and completely able to melt in the palm of your hand, Kookie.

Knocking on the door, he stares directly at the door knob waiting for it to turn. Once it does, he takes a small step back to give you or one of those guys their space. Plus, he honestly wasn't sure if any of you might try to swing on him.

Taehyung's face scrunches up before his eyebrows lift as he scans Jungkook up and down, honestly making him feel small under his gaze, "Looking for Desi, I presume?"

Noticing the cut on Tae's lip and the one by his temple, his brow furrows, "Yeah. Is she here?"

Nodding, Taehyung opens the door and steps aside, "Come on in. I'll go get her."

"Hey," Jungkook calls out to the man before he could make it down the hallway. Turning around, Tae shoots him a curious look, "I'm sorry for being a jerk to you before."

Chuckling, Taehyung waves him off, "It's cool. I would have probably acted the same way."

Smiling, Jungkook nods as he steps further inside and looks around. Traces of you were around the house and he grinned at the sight; your fuzzy house slippers by the couch, the hair scarf he had seen you tie your hair up with, and your school books. The sight of the tissue box tugs at his heart when he pictures you crying because of his doing.

The sound of an interior door opening catches his attention and he runs his hand through his hair nervously as he straightens his posture, but when he sees Taehyung walking down the hall alone, he grows more and more worried.