Chapter 23

Noah and I were just lying in bed talking. We even shared a few kisses and tickles. I looked at the time on my phone and realized it was 12:05a.m.

"Hey Noah, Merry Christmas." I pecked his lips when he got up from snuggling at the crook of my neck. He was surprised at first but then he smiled. The genuine type of smile and not his half – assed smirks or chuckles he always gives.

"Merry Christmas, Aurelia." He kissed my cheek and got up. He went to the drawer the get something out. "I got you something."

"What?" I was shocked. I didn't get him anything at all. I didn't even know I was spending Christmas with him.

"Yeah. It's nothing big." He was embarrassed. "Here take it." He gave it to me. It was a small dark blue box with a ribbon on it. I slowly undid the ribbon and opened the box to reveal a small heart – shaped diamond necklace. In the middle there was a small 'N' engraved right on the diamond.

"Oh Noah. This must have been expensive... I didn't get you anything." I said feeling guilty.

"I don't need anything as long as I have you by my side." He cupped my face and looked into my eyes and said. "I know we've only known each other for a few days but I honestly know that you're the one for me. No one and I mean absolutely no one has ever made me feel the way you do. You're all I think about. I get nervous every time I see you and I want to do everything in my power to see you happy. The way you smile, the way you laugh, the way you seek my comfort every time you cry, the way you calm down after me rubbing your back, I want to be able to witness it all. I know we've only known each other for a short amount of time. But I feel like I've known you my whole life. The necklace represents that you'll always have my heart with you. No matter what."

"Oh Noah." I hugged him so tightly. "Thank you so much. Can you help me put it on?"

"Sure." He took the necklace from the box and brought it around my neck to clasp it.

"Thank you. It's so beautiful." I said admiring the necklace.

"Anything for the most beautiful girl I've ever met." He planted a soft kiss on my cheek. We went back to bed and snuggled under the warmth of the comforter. I had my head resting on Noah's bare chest while my hands were raking down his abs.

I have never touched such hard abs before. They were so surreal.

His fingers were playing with my hair, twirling it around his index finger.

"Noah?" I called.

"Yes babe?" He answered.

"What are we right now?" I curiously asked because I really wanted to know. We kissed and he admitted that he had feelings for me.

"Well we kissed and we both have mutual feelings towards each other. I don't know about you but I think most people would say that we're in a relationship." He said.

I smiled, pleased with his answer. I kissed his chest and snuggled further into the warmth of his body.

"What happens when I leave?" I asked. I was afraid we were moving too fast and I wondered how long he was going to stay here.

"I'll be going back after New Years'. Don't worry, I'll be with you wherever you are. You already have my heart." He picked up the pendant of the necklace he gave me and kissed my head.

"Good night Noah." I sighed from the warmth and safety of being in his chest.

"Good night Aurelia." He patted my head.

The last thing I heard before drifting off into sleep was hearing Noah say "I'll protect you no matter what. I won't let anyone hurt you."

*