Chapter 16: Totsuki Academy's Promotion Exams 1

I do not own the rights to Food Wars. Food Wars belongs to Yuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, VIZ media, Shonen Jump, and Toonami. This is a fan parody. Enjoy.

A Few Weeks After Chapter 15*

Elizabeth's POV*

Aunty Katarina, Erina, Soma, and I were in the mansion watching Eishi nervously make his address.

He nervously came on the screen and asked, "Are we really going ahead with this? I've said it before... I'm not the type to make public speeches...".

Rindo sat him down saying, "Start talking, Eishi!".

She walked off-screen and Eishi said, "If only Isshiki or Erina were here... And how much more time do I have before we go live?".

Nene off-screen said, "The cameras are already rolling.".

Eishi freaked out and said, "What?!".

He grabbed his papers and nervously said, "Um, hello. I'm Eishi Tsukasa from Central. I'm here today to tell you all about the major event awaiting high-school first-years at the end of the second semester... The Advancement Exam. Last year, more than half the first-years left the Academy due to this excessively rigorous exam. But from now on, that'll change. Headmaster Azami has liberated you from unnecessary weeding. You can easily pass most of the exam by demonstrating mastery of the techniques we have taught you in class. You are no longer bound by the old, outdated system. If you side with Central, you can all become first-rate chefs! But the exams will also clearly demonstrate what happens to those of you who do not fall in line with Headmaster Azami's vision. Um, well, that's it. Whew, I was so nervous. Next time you should do it, Rindo.".

I stood up and said, "He just declared us rebels. This is tantamount as a declaration of war against us.".

Aunty Katarina said, "Either submit to Azami or be expelled.".

Soma said, "Oh?".

Aunty Katarina left the room to make tea and the three of us discussed the fact that old man Sorichiro trained or inspired all three of us.

I admitted that I use about fifty-percent of what he taught me when I think up a dish for one of the black books but the golden book is my own personal art and that I learned all he knew within two months which made Soma hum at me not believing me.

Erina admitted it was he who showed her the beauty of food before what papa Azami did.

Soma didn't need to explain since he was his dad.

I said, "The three of us.".

The two of them looked at me.

I smiled and said, "That old geezer really inspired the best didn't he?".

Erina expressed that she was lost and I pulled her into a hug and said, "You're not lost, Erina. I found you after all this time.".

Some said, "And don't worry, I'll whip you up some Yukihira food to make you feel better.".

Erina started complaining at him about whether or not that'd make anything better or not and I just sat back and watched.

I smiled thinking maybe the old man's got some tricks left to teach.

I mean if he could train someone like Soma, that definitely means the old man's got a few tricks left to teach me probably.

No matter, someday I'm gonna beat that old man.

Soma asked me for some help with the Tempura Bowl he was making and I helped.

After we made the bowl, we presented it to Erina and she became head over heels for it.