Chapter 14: Totsuki Academy's Darker Future

I do not own the rights to Food Wars. Food Wars belongs to Yuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, VIZ media, Shonen Jump, and Toonami. This is a fan parody. Enjoy.

A Day After Chapter 13*

Elizabeth's POV*

I was sitting by Aunty Katarina and we were about to see Azami's speech as new headmaster.

I said, "This is wrong.".

Aunty Katarina said, "I know, but you'll have to stomach it until this mistake is mended.".

I asked, "Why aren't you angry, Katarina, he undermined everything our school stands for?".

Aunty Katarina said, "He and I have a past. He was a rival to me back in the day and we always cooked to a draw.".

I growled angrily and the dark knight from hell himself took center stage and said, "Thank you all for coming today. I am Azami Nakiri, the man appointed as the new Headmaster of Totsuki Academy by The Council of Ten. My predecessor Senzaemon Nakiri, has accomplished much for the academy. Whether I can be a worthy successor or not weighs heavily on me. However, I understand that it is a critical role, which is a driving force behind Japan's food culture. I humbly accept this unspeakably important task and intend to lead Totsuki to even greater heights.".

Everyone clapped for him but I knew better.

I walked back home and I passed him on the way.

We said nothing to each other and just kept walking our separate ways.

I soon came across old man Senzaemon on my way and we headed over to Kyokusei to talk with Soma.

We sat in his room drinking tea when Soma came in.

We apologized for our sudden visit and Soma said it was fine and asked if we needed to talk to him.

I didn't know either and wondered the same thing.

Old man Senzaemon said, "I believe that this is the first time I've spoken to you face to face.".

Soma said, "I guess so, yeah.".

Senzaemon said, "I encouraged Jorichiro to have you apply to Totsuki.".

My eyes widened as it suddenly dawned on me that Soma was old man Saiba's son.

I said, "You're old man Saiba's son? Well that makes a little more sense to me now.".

Soma said, "Did you know my dad, Elizabeth?".

I said, "A long time ago he taught me a lot of things I had never considered. I was six at the time and a lot of what he taught me stuck and I learned everything I could from him in less than 2 months. A lot of his teachings are what inspired some of my black book menu options. But to be my own chef I built my way up from there. He's the only person who's ever been able to beat me in a food battle and for years now I've wanted a rematch.".

Soma said, "Sounds like the old man, yeah.".

Senzaemon said, "During his time here he shared the Second Seat with Gin Dojima while Katarina Nightingale held the First Seat. When she graduated, Gin Dojima took the First Seat, and your father kept the Second Seat. Many things happened when he was a student, but he was a spectacular chef.".

I said, "Sounds like you were close to the old man.".

Senzaemon said, "Yes. Let's go outside.".

We headed outside and started jogging and for a very old man, Senzaemon is fast, even with my daily routine I was barely keeping up with him.

When we were in a forest clearing, Senzaemon asked, "In your opinions, how is Erina as a chef?".