Chapter 8: Totsuki Academy's Fall Selection Prep

I do not own the rights to Food Wars. Food Wars belongs to Yuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, VIZ media, Shonen Jump, and Toonami. This is a fan parody. Enjoy.

A Few Weeks Later After Chapter 7*

Elizabeth's POV*

I had been sitting in my room for the past few weeks doing most of my work from home seeing as I was grieving.

I kept up my grades at the top of my class next to Erina's, my name finally got changed to Elizabeth Nightingale.

My big sister Lilith, however, had passed away along with her baby girl in a car accident.

The funeral was held and everyone passed on their condolences to me.

I play her final message to me every time I'm alone, "Hey baby sister. Just wanted to call and say me and the little one are on the way to see you compete in the fall selection when it gets to be about that time. Can't wait to see you, and whatever you do, you have to win for us okay? Well, I'll see you soon, bye.".

That message means everything to me now.

I have to win the fall selection for my niece and for my big sister.

But as of today, Aunty Katarina was urging me to head out and do something so I did.

I walked outside and just stood there.

I then seemed to remember something Anna and Lilith were always saying.

They told me about some teacher who was a masterful spice cook and that was around my age and I should seek them out and whatnot.

I decided to find whoever this is because whoever they are they could be an interesting rival like Soma.

I followed up on a name Anna, Lilith, and Aunty Katarina gave me, Jun Shiomi something.

It had to be Curry Cuisine as the theme for the preliminary rounds of the Fall Selection.

I looked around everywhere until I found some abandoned-looking building.

I walked in and when I opened the door I saw Soma, Megumi, and some little girl.

Soma said, "Hey Elizabeth! Sorry about you know...".

I nodded and said, "Thanks. Are you looking for Jun too?".

The little girl said, "Don't call me Jun!".

I looked down at her and said, "So that's what Aunty Katarina meant when she said you were a short stack.".

I hummed and said, "I'll have a talk with her later Miss Jun. That kind of treatment is highly offensive.".

Jun said, "Professor Shiomi is what students call me.".

I said, "But Jun sounds more natural now.".

She growled and this guy walked in and said, "Hey, Jun. I bought all that stuff you asked for.".

Megumi turned to him and said, "Sorry for the bother!".

I turned and met him face to face.

I seemed to remember, Anna, and Lilith telling me about this guy.

I said, "Your name is Akira Hayama, right?".

He hummed and I said, "My big sisters have told me a few things about you. They claim you are proficient in the usage of spices and are known for your incredible sense of smell and mastery of aroma.".

Akira said, "Sounds like me, Elizabeth Nightingale.".

I hummed and we stood off for a second.

I said, "Seems my sisters were right. You are the Spice Man.".