Chapter 28

It had been a week, a week of silent treatment and barely speaking. She didn't have the energy to fight with him, she was still angry and felt betrayed by his actions. He tried to talk to her but she couldn't fathom what else he could possibly say. They were in limbo, she wasn't sure if she could trust him after learning he would be willing to die so easily and forget her and the children. She couldn't avoid him any longer as today she had a doctors appointment. They would discuss important details and how she would deliver.

"Meredith," Lexie said as she waved her hand in front of Meredith's face.

"Sorry, just thinking," Meredith shook her head.

"Anyway, baby shower," Lexie started.

"No. No baby shower. I know you think I need one but I don't have time. I have three kids at home that take up every single bit of free-time I have. CJ started soccer yesterday on top of the girls having dance classes. I have too much to think about," she said.

"Ok then let's talk about why Derek is telling Mark that you two are in a huge fight and he isn't sure you even want to be with him anymore," Lexie replied.

"Not that either, something else about you," Meredith shook her head as she stuffed the sandwich into her mouth. She was starving all the time, it was like the babies couldn't get enough to eat.

"We aren't just going to keep talking about me. I'm fine, baby is fine and thriving," she said.

"If I talk to you about the Derek thing, you are going to say I'm over reacting and to forgive him," Meredith replied.

"What happened? Come on, I won't tell you that," Lexie said.

"When the shooting happened, Amelia was the one the gunman was after and he found her. Well he had her held up, gun to her face and everything and apparently Derek saw and jumped into action. He told the guy to shoot him and leave his sister alone," Meredith's stomach twisted as she said the words.

"Is he insane? He has five kids, did he just expect you to not be mad?" She asked.

"He didn't even tell me. Amelia did," Meredith crunched on her apple.

"So are you mad he didn't tell you or mad that he did it?" Lexie asked.

"Both! He should have at least told me, yes I would be mad but that's not something you just never talk about," Meredith huffed.

"I get it, I'd be pissed at Mark if he did that but I'd also realize that is his baby sister. Especially since they both watched their father get gunned down by a stranger. I get why you are mad but you have to at least talk to him," Lexie offered.

"I know. I don't want to, I want to just stay mad. But we have kids," Meredith sighed. Her alarm on her phone started going off telling her it was time for her appointment.

"Gotta go, I'll send pics if they do an ultrasound," Meredith took her tray and threw away the trash. She walked to the OB department and opened the doors. She came to a halt when she saw Derek leaning against the nurses station, his sparkly eyes in full force and his charming smile as he spoke to none-other than Addison. She felt fury and rage, she wasn't sure if it was just hormones and the fact she was still pissed at him or if she was just seeing things.

"I'm here for my appointment," Meredith said loudly as she approached the pair.

"How are you feeling? Derek was just telling me how active the babies are and telling me about the kids," Addison smiled. She seemed innocent in that they were honestly speaking about that but she still couldn't shake that feeling of jealousy.

"Oh I'm doing wonderful. Other than the feet swelling, and I'm exhausted. Also gotta love my bladder being used as a punching bag," Meredith joked as she followed Addison. Derek didn't speak a word, it was like he knew she didn't want to speak to him.