Chapter 36 - the end.

10 years later...

Her eyes slowly fluttered as she woke up from the blaring alarm in her ear. She turned to her side and smiled as she saw the man laying beside her. She ran her hand over his salt and pepper hair that replaced his dark brown curls. His age was slowly catching up to his feature but she still loved him, more than she ever had. His eyes fluttered as well as he looked at her. A sleepy smile spread across his face as he leaned up to kiss her.

"Big day," she stated.

"Shh, let's not talk," he kissed her once more.

"I have to get the children up," she replied and kissed him quickly before getting out of bed. She grabbed her robe and wrapped it around her body a she grabbed her phone. She walked through the dream house as she liked to call it, it had aged well for their family and it was now a home. The place where she had raised the twins, and even gained the sweetest little addition she couldn't imagine her life without. She went and started playing the song you walk at graduation as she made her way to Zoe's room first. She walked from the first floor of the beautiful house that Derek had built for their family to the four bedrooms that were on the second floor. She turned the light on and Zoe immediately woke up. She was much like her father, an early riser and very easy to get out of bed. She smiled at Meredith as she sat up.

"Morning mom," Zoe untied the dark brown bun from her head and flipped her head over and released her curly mane.

"Let's go wake up Scarlett," Meredith smiled as the both of them walked across the hall to Scarlett's room. She flipped the light on and Scarlett groaned and rolled to her stomach.

"Duh, duhh," Meredith started humming to the song as she walked over and pulled the duvet off of her.

"Today is the big day and you girls have to shower before the other three wake up and need to shower as well. You two have to be at the school in three hours so up and at em," Meredith said to her daughter.

"Mom, give me five more minutes," Scarlett moaned. Her hair was a wavy mess as she knew her mother was not going to give it up so she sat up.

"Go get in the shower then get ready girls," Meredith said as she had to walk away as she thought about what was happening today. She couldn't believe that her tiny little baby she had 18 years ago was now graduating high school. It was bittersweet, watching her and Zoe grow up together and going into adulthood. She stepped into the room next to Scarlett's where two boys were sleeping in separate beds.

"Charlie, Elliot it is time to get up," she said as she opened the curtains to their room. The blonde haired teenager sat up in the bed. Charlie was fourteen and growing way too fast. He resembled his father more and more everyday which made her heart ache, even more so that he said he had grown out of his childhood nickname and decided to go by Charlie.

"Elliot, son get up," she said as she shook him slightly. Blonde hair, blue eyed sweet baby boy was turning the eleven this summer and she couldn't believe it. She then went to the room across from them where two little girls slept.

"Elliana, Zola get up girls," Meredith said softly to the two girls curled up in Elliana's bed. Zola didn't like sleeping alone, she stayed in her and Derek's bed from the minute they adopted her when she was just eight months old until she was four and they transitioned her to Elliana's room and she would sleep in her own bed occasionally but most mornings she was in the bed with her sister. It was still a shock to her she was a mother of six children. She didn't even want one when she was a child but now she couldn't have imagined her life any other way.

"Mom, it's Saturday," Elliana groaned, she had dark curly hair and bright blue eyes. If she was seven years older she would be convinced she was Zoe's identical twin.