Chapter 24 My Son

Razi quickly drove to the hospital. She felt the baby coming. Her water broke while she took a shower. They quickly got her into a room where they deliver babies. Razi was sweating and breathing heavily. It was intense. Razi had decided to do it naturally. The nurses and doctor kept telling her to push. Razi screamed in pain. It hurt a lot. A nurse offered Razi her hand so she could have something to grip.
             Razi pushed and pushed. All Razi could feel was extreme pain. Finally after a half an hour Razi had given birth. They cleaned off her baby and checked him to see if everything was ok. The nurse walked over to Razi holding her baby. "Congratulations." The nurse said handing her the baby. Razi grabbed her baby gently. Razi felt so much joy.
     Baby Alfie. He had little black hair on top of his head. Alfie squirmed a bit. "Hello Alfie. It's me, Mummy." Razi said. Alfie opened his eyes to look around and get in his surroundings. His eyes were green like Razi's. He then closed them. "Mummy's eyes and Daddy's hair. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." Razi said. Razi got a saddened look.
                  Alfie began to cry. "No no. Don't cry Alfie. Mummy's here Mummy's here." Razi cradled Alfie. He kept crying. "What do I do?" Razi looked up at the nurse. "I think he's hungry Miss." The nurse said. "Ah ok." Razi said.
     Razi began to feed Alfie. It was weird feeling a baby take your breast milk. After a minute or so Razi got used to it a little. Alfie stopped crying. Soon alfie was done and he was sleepy. Razi gave Alfie back to the nurse. The nurse put Alfie into a small bed. Razi asked the nurse to leave him with her. Razi looked at Alfie. "I'm so sorry Alfie." Razi said sadly.
          Razi was worried about what Brahms would do to alfie. She didn't want to have Alfie hurt. So Razi decided to give Alfie to a friend of hers. They lived in London. Razi was very good friends with them when they were kids. They even stayed in touch when she moved. But it made her comfortable knowing he'd be in good hands.
     The next day her friends came to visit her while she was in recovery. Razi held Alfie. They looked at Alfie happily. "Is this him?" Ben asked. "Yup. His name is Alfie. His middle name is Damien. His last name will be yours after you take him." Razi said. "You sure you want to give him up?" Amy asked her. "I love him already. He's the best thing ever to happen to me. But it's just for his safety." Razi said sadly. "If you think that's best for little Alfie, Razi, then we support your decision." Amy said. "Thank you." Razi said. She looked down at Alfie you was asleep in her arms.