Chapter 20 1 Wife 1 Husband

It was New Year's eve. Razi laid in bed. It's been a couple of days since Brahms asked her. Razi asked herself if she was doing the right thing. She listened to the rain hit the roof. In England they rarely get snow. Which is surprising given their geography. Razi drifted away into her thoughts. She was now known as Razique Heelshire. How long has he wanted to ask me that? Razi thought. Razi looked back at her childhood. All those years with Brahms. She realized all the signs of Brahms liking her. The kind jesters, trying not to creep her out, helping her when needed. Razi looked sadly at the wall. Then she remembered that she didn't treat him the way he treated her.
                Razi tried her best to stay away from Brahms because he did creep her out. Brahms would want to play with her but she never wanted to. Then that day he forcefully grabbed her and demanded her to play with him. That was when she really got scared of him. But there was nothing Razi could do. It was all in the past. You can't change that. Then Razi remembered. After his fake death her and her parents left. All those years he was alive and she was never there. He had liked her since childhood. Razi put her hand to her mouth and tears ran down her face. He must thought she was never coming back and that she was gone for good.
     Razi quickly got up and cleaned herself up. Razi gently placed her fingers on the mask Brahms gave her. Razi found out yesterday that she now owns the Heelshire estate. Which was very shocking news. In the letter it told her they had found a new will from the Heelshires that had been secret for awhile. In it, it stated Razi was the new house owner. Razi found it very odd. Why her specifically?
              Later Razi had Brahms hangout in the main part of the house while she cleaned his living space. It needed it. Razi went through his desk drawers. She saw this envelope with her family Crest on it. She opened it up and read it. Razi approached Brahms. "What's this?!" Razi asked. Brahms looked at her. "This entire time. It was your parents plan this entire time. You knew. My own friend lied to me to get me here. Your parents had me be a second choice if things went wrong with Greta. Now look at me. Everything is according to plan. I'm your wife now. My mom knew you were alive and was in on this!" Razi began to break down crying. Brahms hesitantly held her close. "I'm just a bloody pawn in this game of chess.." Razi weeped.
       "What for? I lost Seān. I lost my baby brother. I'm just your babysitter." Razi said. Razi ripped the letter into pieces. "I'm your wife and you kept this from me. Just so I wouldn't leave. I want to be alone." Razi said. She pushed Brahms away from her gently. She went upstairs to her room and locked the door and closet door. She sat with her knees to her chest.