Chapter 10 Silence

"BRAHMS!" Razi screamed. She broke free from the officers grasp and ran towards the other officer. She grabbed the gun from him. She pointed it at the two officers. "Please don't hurt us." Razi said teary eyed. The other officer held his hands in the air. The officer took his gun out and pointed it at Razi. "Put the weapon down now." He demanded. Razi shook her head no. In the blink of an eye Brahms ran at the officer holding the gun. It knocked them both down. Brahms grabbed the gun and tossed it away into the study. Brahms grabbed the officers shirt tightly and started slamming the officer onto the floor. "Brahms no!" Razi ran over to him. She tried pulling him off the officer. Brahms pushed Razi back.
               Razi watched as Brahms injured the officer. Bashing his head against the floor. She cried. "Brahms stop please..!!!" Razi begged. The other officer tried to intervene as well. But Brahms grabbed him and threw him at a wall causing him to knock out. Soon enough Brahms got up from the officer. The officer didn't move. Razi got up and ran to the other officer. "Please don't. No more." Razi continued to beg. Razi still held the gun. Brahms grabbed Razi's hand, the one holding the gun. "NO!" Razi yelled as Brahms forced them both to shoot the officer in the head. Blood spurted onto Razi's face. She screamed.
       She started punching Brahms chest. It didn't effect him in the slightest. "How could you!" Razi cried. "All of them! You killed all of them! You killed Seān! You killed the officers! You killed Emily!!" She yelled. Brahms wrapped his arms around her. She squirmed in his arms, crying and wailing. Soon she stopped flailing her arms around and stopped squirming. Razi cried and cried.
     Razi sat in the bathtub as she got a shower. The water poured down her face. The blood was rinsed off of her. She held her knees close to her chest. She was silent. After the shower Razi sat in bed staring at the wall. Brahms walked in holding a glass of water and a pill. He stood next to Razi but slightly in front of her. "Please take your medicine Razique." Brahms said reaching out his hand holding the pill. Razi grabbed it silently. Brahms handed her the class of water. Razi took her medication. Brahms walked out of the room. He turned back to look at Razi then he walked away. Razi thought of a conversation she had with Seān a little bit before his mother past away.
              "I never knew why we moved to America." Razi told Seān. "What's it like in America?" Seān asked. "Full of idiots. But the land is pretty. Especially in the fall." Razi replied. Seān chuckled and so did Razi. They walked along a stone area that looked like a bridge but it wasn't over something. "My real name is Razique Hayhurst." Razi finally said. Seān looked at at Razi. He was surprised. "Ah so ya finally tell me." He laughed. "Yeah yeah." Razi said. "So you're a Hayhurst. Yeah I remember a little tale everyone kept saying." Seān said. "A tale?" Razi asked. "Yeah. People said you were in on the murder of Emily Cribbs and you fled to America to get away from the cops." Seān said. "That's rubbish. I never knew she was killed till the day after." Razi said. Seān looked at her. Her face was now pale.
        "Emily was my friend. I was always happy to see her and get to play with her. I can't believe someone would do that." Razi said seriously. "No one could." Seān said. They walked for awhile longer. Soon it was time to go. Razi hugged Seān and he hugged back. Seān left and Razi watching him leave.
   Razi's heart ached and ached. Brahms came back into the room. He watched Razi. Razi couldn't speak. There was a lump in her throat. Out of nowhere Brahms fell onto the floor. Razi got up and went over to Brahms. He held his side. Razi moved his hand. He was still bleeding from the gun shot. Razi helped Brahms stand up. He stumbled. "L-let's get that taken care of." Razi finally managed to say.
             They were in Brahms' living space. Brahms lay on his bed and Razi sat on a chair next to the bed. "Good thing I took a course in nursing." Razi said. She cleaned up the blood around the wound. Razi grabbed tweezers. "This might hurt." Razi warned. The tweezers went into Brahms' wound. Razi heard him grunt in pain. Razi managed to get the bullet out. It hurt Brahms a lot to get it out. As a defense mechanism Brahms pushed Razi over onto the floor. The chair broke. Razi coughed. He pushed against her chest when he pushed her. Razi sat up. It hurt a bit. She struggled to get up but managed.
      Razi looked around. She searched for the thread she could use to stitch Brahms' wound up. Finally she found some. She was surprised they had some. Razi grabbed a needle. She thread it. Razi stitched Brahms' wound. Brahms grunted in pain. Shortly after starting Razi was done. She cleaned Brahms' wound again with a wet face cloth. Brahms sat up. Razi had him remove his shirt so she could get the wound stitched up and the bullet out. He wore his grayish green cardigan. "I'll be right back." Razi said. She left with a bowl now fully of blood tinted water and the face cloth. Brahms watched her as she left.
    "Brahms are you sure it's ok if I sleep in here?" Razi asked holding a pillow. "I don't mind." Brahms said. Razi walked into Brahms room. Razi got a blanket. "How long are your parents going to be gone?" Brahms asked. "I dont know. A week I think." Razi answered. Razi set her pillow on the floor. She sat down and put the blanket over her. "The floor isn't comfortable. You can sleep on my bed if you want." Brahms said. "I dont know. You sure that's ok?" Razi asked. "Why wouldn't it?" Brahms said. "Ok." Razi said as she got up. She grabbed her pillow and hopped into Brahms' bed. Razi laid down and went to sleep. Brahms fell asleep too.
   Razi cried. She held her knee. She cut her knee. Brahms came over and knelt down. "Mummy gave me this. It'll make your knee better." Brahms said. He opened a bandaid and placed it over Razi's cut. Razi wiped a tear. "Better?" Brahms asked. Razi nodded. Brahms helped her up. Her leg still felt like jelly. "Thank you." Razi said.
         Razi thought to herself. She cleaned off the face cloth, rinsing it off repeatedly. Razi realized something. As kids Brahms was odd and creepy. But he was always nice to Razi. He did his best not to be creepy around her. Razi noticed he acted creepy around everyone else, including Emily and his parents. But never her. Razi blushed slightly and continued rinsing off the face cloth.