Chapter 1 (revised)

The rain fell from the sky. The sky was grey and filled with clouds. The rain hit the roof of the car loudly. The woods surrounded the road. The way things were outside made it spooky to drive this way. Woods surrounding the road, raining, and it's grey. Horror material. The soothing sound of classical and opera music played on the radio. Good to clear the mind. Good to forget everything.

          It was a was a long drive from London. But with the great view of the English country side made it worth it. Soon a gate emerged out from the woods. The car pulled to a halt. The driver took a moment and analyzed the gate. Soon the car moved again and turned towards the gate. The driver got out and walked over to the gate.

       They looked at the gate carefully, analyzing it some more. They put their hand on the gate to feel the texture. Bumpy then smooth. After quickly examining the gate, the driver opened the gate so they could get through. The gate was slightly heavy. It squeaked open. The driver went back to the car and got in. They drove through the gate entrance. The driver had to get out and close the gate again. The creaking sound of the gate made it even more eerie. The road was kind of long. You couldn't really see the house yet from the gate.

          The car approached the house. It looked like a castle. It might as well be one. The car slowed down and then parked in front of the house. It looked like no one has been there for awhile. The gardens in the front were unkept. Vines were starting to grow on the side of the house. A window was broken. That would need to get fixed.

The driver looked in awe for a moment. But that moment of beauty and wonder was short lived. A frown grew upon their face. The driver went to the trunk of their car. A crow cawed loudly as it flew just overhead. The driver looked up. After a moment the driver shut the trunk and locked the car. 

The front door creaked open. Letting the empty house know it's new owner was home. The driver set their things down by the front door. The driver looked around for a moment. Taking it all in. Shortly after the driver turned around and looked outside. The driver grabbed the door and let out a sigh as they closed the door and locking it.

The light coming in through the windows showed the specs of dust floating around in the air. The driver walked over to a small table against the wall and ran their finger on it. They looked at their finger, it was covered in dust.

"Good thing housekeeper Razi is here to look after ya." The driver whispered.

Razi was a beautiful young woman. Her light chocolate coloured hair was nice and neat in a ponytail. Her emerald green eyes shined brightly but were full of sadness and pain. A nice grey long sleeve shirt rested underneath her black vest.

"I should get to work right away then." She faintly smiled.

Razi went into a room which appeared to be the study. There was an old record player in the room and she noticed it. She walked over and examined it, hoping it would still work. After a moment she grabbed a vinyl record and placed it onto the player. After setting everything up, opera music began playing. Very loudly too. After getting startled from how loud the music was, Razi went back out to go look for cleaning supplies.

The cleaning of the first floor took all day. Razi cleaned each room not only once, but twice. She wanted it to be perfectly clean. It was about midnight once she had finished. The last place she was working on was the kitchen. She threw out old rotten food that had been left there. Classical music blared from the other room as she looked in the fridge.

"Shopping." She sighed.

She closed the fridge door and stood up yawing. Razi headed back towards the foyer. She grabbed her things and headed into the study. The upstairs was not cleaned therefore she couldn't sleep up there just yet. Razi turned off the music. She stood there watching the record spin and slowly come to a complete stop. It was like she was in a trance. Soon she blinked and got out of her thoughts.