Chapter 9 After all these years

"Emily truth or dare?" Razi asked. "Truth." Emily said. "Scardy cat." Brahms said. "Hey." Emily said. "Who would you be willing to marry?" Razi asked. "Oh. Uh. Well there's a guy from town I think is cute. I would go with him." Emily replied. "Ah I see." Razi said teasingly. "Hey stop it." Emily said. "It's your turn Emily." Razi said. "Brahms, Truth or Dare?" Emily asked. "Eh I'll go with truth this time." Brahms said as he crossed his arm leaning against a pillar. "The same question Razi asked. Answer it." Emily said. "I never really thought about it. I'd say Razique." Brahms said. Razi blushed slightly. "Ooooohhhhh Razi." Emily said teasingly. "Hey shut it." Razi blushed more.
         Brahms picked Emily. That turn went quickly. Emily asked Razi truth or dare. She said dare. "I dare you to kiss Brahms." Emily snickered. Razi blushed. "You're joking." Razi said. "Nope. You have to kiss him." Emily said. Razi took a deep breath. She looked at Brahms for approval. "Might as well. She won't stop bothering us until it happens." Brahms said. "You know it." Emily said. Razi's face felt warm. She closed her eyes. Brahms and Razi kissed. Razi's face was red with embarrassment. She hid her face. Emily laughed.
                Razi sat down at the table in the kitchen. The doll was next to her at the end of the table. Brahms sat across from her. His arms tucked under the table. Razi ate homemade french toast. "You sure you don't want anything?" Razi asked. Brahms nodded. Razi finished up. She cleaned her dishes. Brahms turned and watched her. Razi felt his gaze on her. It made her slightly uncomfortable. She could hear his breath hitting against his mask.
      Razi turned around. She looked at Brahms. He cocked his head to the side questioningly. "You should get cleaned Brahms. You look filthy. I can wash your clothes while you take a shower." Razi said looking at him. Brahms stood up. He approached Razi. Razi felt scared again. Razi could hear his breathing a lot louder. His presence loomed over Razi. "Brahms! It's time to get a shower!" Razi bursted out. Brahms moved back slightly startled. "C'mon upstairs now." Razi ordered. Brahms turned around and walked away. Razi followed behind him.
    They got upstairs. "Do you have spare clothes?" Razi asked. Brahms shook his head. "That's sad. Um wait here." Razi said. She went into what used to be the Heelshire's bedroom. Razi walked back over to Brahms. "I found a bathrobe. I believe it was Mr. Heelshire's, your father's. Should be good until your clothes are done being clean." Razi said. She handed the bathrobe to Brahms. He took it. They walked to the bathroom. "Ok Brahms I want you to clean yourself properly. Get all the dirt off ya and wash your hair throughly." Razi said. Brahms nodded indicating he understood.
      Razi stood outside the bathroom. Brahms got undressed and into the shower. Razi grabbed his dirty clothes and went downstairs to the washroom. She opened up the washer and put in his clothes. Razi put in the soap and started it. Razi climbed the stairwell to the top. Brahms was still in the shower of course. Razi waited outside the bathroom. She sat down on the floor. She stared at the wall. Razi looked at each photo on the wall. Some were of the Heelshire's when they were younger. Others were just pretty pictures.
          Razi ran down the hall. Brahms chased after her. Razi and Brahms both giggled. Brahms managed to catch up to Razi. He poked her. "Tag you're it." He said. They changed directions and ran back from where they came from. Razi right behind Brahms but out of her reach. They ran. Brahms bumped into his mother. Razi bumping into Brahms. Both of them fell to the floor. "Brahms, Miss Hayhurst, what have we told you about running in the house?" Mr. Heelshire asked. "Sorry mummy." Brahms said. "S-sorry." Razi said shyly. "Good. Don't want you two 6 and 3 year olds to get hurt." Mr. Heelshire said walking away. Brahms got up. He lowered his hand to Razi. Razi grabbed it and he helped her up. At the time Brahms was 6 years old, Razi was 3. "We probably should listen to mummy." Brahms said. Razi nodded. Razi wasnt very talkative at the age of 3. She was very shy at that age. Brahms on the other hand was nice and gently. It was before he started to get creepier and stranger. "Let's go outside." Brahms said. Razi nodded with excitement. "You're still it." Brahms winked.
              Razi waited. Brahms took awhile. I guess it made sense for how dirty he looked. Razi went back downstairs. She quickly changed the laundry over. Now Brahms' clothes were in the drier. She headed back upstairs. The water wasn't running. Brahms had finished cleaning up. "Brahms remember to put the bathrobe on." Razi said as she went into her room. She made her bed and folded blankets. Brahms walked in. He was wearing the bathrobe. Razi blushed slightly. "Um can I have some privacy please?" Razi asked. Brahms nodded and walked out.
      I have to pretend. I have to pretend everything is ok. He'll hurt me if I don't. Razi thought to herself as she sta on her bed. Her eyes closed. Continously breathing in and out to calm herself. Razi opened her eyes and stared at the wall. "This is crazy." Razi said.
    Soon it was night time. Razi had cooked dinner. She made stake. Razi ste. Brahms sat there staring at Razi as she ate. Razi noticed he wasn't eating. "Brahms you have to eat. It's not healthy to starve yourself. Please eat. I don't want my food to go to waist." Razi said. Brahms put his hand up to the side of his face. "My face." He said still using his boy voice. She let it slide again. Razi looked at Brahms slightly with sorrow. "Brahms you don't need to be self conscious about that. I don't mind seeing your face." Razi said sincerely. Brahms hesitantly reached for his mask. He took it off. Razi could see his burns once more. Razi felt really bad for Brahms. He hid his face. Even from his parents? His parents were the reason he had his burns.
             Brahms ate his food. Razi watched him this time. She was finished. For some reason it intrigued Razi. Watching him eat. Him without the doll mask. Razi liked it that way. She liked him not wearing the mask. Razi questioned her thoughts and her feelings towards this. Soon enough Brahms finished his dinner. Razi stood up at took his plate. He put his mask back on. Razi washed the dishes. "Can you wrap the food Brahms?" Razi asked scrubbing a plate. Brahms nodded. He got the right stuff out but he stood there. "You don't know how do ya?" Razi asked. Brahms shook his head no. Razi smiled and slightly giggled. She dried off her hands and walked over to Brahms. "Ok so you take the wrap and have the box right next to the plate. Then you take it and pull it out until it's over the plate. You tear it off and put it on the plate." Razi explained as she showed Brahms. "You can put it in the fridge." Razi said going back to cleaning the dishes.
        There was a loud knock on the door. Brahms immediately looked at the doorway. "Stay here. If you move, whoever it is will hear you." Razi ordered. Brahms nodded. Razi went to the door. She opened it and there were two police officers standing there. Her heart skipped a bit. "How can I help ya officers?" Razi said as she leaned against the doorway crossing her arms. "Seān has been missing for awhile now. And someone told us he was last heard coming here." The officer said. "I haven't seen him officer." Razi said. "Do you mind if we look around?" The other officer asked. "Not at all. Come in." Razi said moving out of the way.
             The officers went in. Razi closed the door. "If you'll excuse me I have to put away a few dishes in the kitchen." Razi said. She went to the kitchen. The officers looked around. "Brahms you have to hide quickly. Don't go in the wall though. They're officers. They're looking around. Just be quiet." Razi whispered. Brahms nodded and walked away. Razi thought it was a great way to get him to move without suspicion. If she was in there with Brahms the officers wouldn't suspect his footsteps. After she heard Brahms stop moving she went out to the officers. An officer stepped out in front of her holding the broken harpoon. "What's this?" The officer asked. There was dried blood on the end of it. Razi panicked. Shit they know, Razi thought. "I-I.." Razi couldn't find a way to cover that up. "Alright you're coming with us." The officer said grabbing Razi.
         "No wait please I-I can explain..!" Razi said as the officer dragged her towards the door."oh my god what is that?" The other officer said with a scared tone. Both Razi and the officer looked back. Brahms was standing in the hallway cocking his head side to side. Razi's eyes widened. The other officer pulled out his gun. Brahms noticed. He approached the other officer. Soon a loud bang rang Razi's eardrums. She opened her eyes. Brahms stumbled back. Razi saw blood on his shirt. He had been shot.