Chapter 12 Holiday

It's been about a month since Razi discovered that Brahms was alive. Razi woke up and sat up. She stretched. Razi got dressed. She went down into the kitchen and cooked breakfast for Brahms. It was almost Thanksgiving over in America. The UK never celebrated it since it was only an American holiday. Razi cut toast. She poured orange juice into a glass. She went upstairs to Brahms living space in the walls. Razi set the breakfast onto his desk. She went over and stood over the sleeping Brahms. "Wakey wakey Brahms. I brought you breakfast." Razi smiled. Brahms woke up. He sat up.
              Razi put his mask on the tray. She set the tray down on his lap. "Now eat up. Breakfast is important." Razi said. Razi was about to walk away. Brahms grabbed her arm. "Stay." He said. Razi nodded. "Ok." Razi said. Razi sat down in a chair. Brahms ate his food. Razi took out the rules from her pocket. The last rule said kiss goodnight. She never gave Brahms his goodnight kiss since she found out he was alive. She always had with the doll but never Brahms. She put it back in her pocket. The doll sat on Brahms' desk.
    Brahms finished up his breakfast. He put his mask on. Razi got up and grabbed the tray. "Get dressed ok Brahms. I'll be right back." Razi said. Brahms nodded. Razi went back downstairs. Razi washed Brahms' dishes and put them away. She went back to Brahms. The previous day Razi bought him some nice clothes to wear. And today he was wearing it. It was a nice suit. He didn't put on a tie or a bow tie. He looked good. "Aw you're wearing the clothes. You look good in them." Razi complimented as she fixed his suit. She couldn't help but smile.
          "Do you want to go for a walk outside?" Razi asked. Brahms nodded. He hasn't been out since Razi took him out two weeks ago. Razi grabbed Brahms' coat she bought yesterday. Brahms took it from her and put it on. Razi and Brahms left the living space. Razi went to her room and put on a coat. They went outside. It was sprinkling outside. Brahms and Razi walked along side each other. "What was it like having to live the way you did for years?" Razi asked hesitantly. Brahms stayed silent for a moment. "Boring and lonely." He said. Razi looked at the sky. She sighed. "I should have ran into the house that day. I should have tried to save you. Maybe then you wouldn't have been trapped like you were." Razi said. Brahms listened silently. He didn't answer.
             After a nice walk outside they went inside. Razi took Brahms' coat. She hung it up to dry along with hers. Brahms went into the bathroom and dried off his hair with a towel. Razi looked at the hole in her wall. She never fixed it. She wondered how she did that. She knew the walls weren't thick but were thick enough to where she couldn't punch through it. She sighed. Razi put a photo over the hole to hide it. Brahms walked over to her. Razi had forgotten to take her medication in the morning. She wasn't feeling good mentally.
       Razi remembered what happened to Seān and the officers. She started to have a panic attack. The air around her felt thinner. Razi stumbled. Her heart raced. She stumbled. Brahms watched Razi. He went to try and grab her. "Stay back!" Razi yelled at him with a scared tone. Brahms stopped moving. He looked at her. Razi put her hands to her head. She shook her head around. Razi began to cry. "They're dead! They're all dead! You killed them! I have to pay for it! Why did you have to kill them?!" Razi said in anger. Razi pushed Brahms back slightly. "There's only so much I can take Brahms!" Razi yelled. Razi grabbed Brahms' mask and yanked it off him. The string snapped.
         "You hide your shame! All of it! Never once admitting the things you've done! Maybe it's time you come clean!" Razi said angrily. She turned and smashed the mask against the wall. It broke into pieces. A piece cut her hand. Brahms became furious.  He shoved Razi onto the floor. Razi hit her head on the floor. "Gah." Razi said. Brahms raised his hands. His hands became fists. Razi moved her arms to defend herself. Brahms slammed his fists onto Razi. Razi cried. Brahms kept slamming his fists down on Razi. "Brahms....please......" Razi begged. Brahms picked Razi up. He slammed her against the wall. Razi grunted in pain as she hit the wall. Razi's lip got cut open a bit. Her lip was bleeding slightly. Brahms began to strangle Razi. Razi tried to grasp for air. Razi was terrified. She was afraid she might die right then and there.
                  "B-Brahms..." Razi said. The cut on her hand was bleeding too. Finally the blood ran down the side of her hand. Brahms looked and noticed how hurt Razi was. Her hand and lip cut, bruises on her forehead, an almost black eye. Brahms let go of her. Razi dropped to the floor. She coughed and gasped. Brahms backed away from her. He walked out and left her. Razi got light headed. She looked around and saw Brahms leave. "Why..?" She managed to say. Her vision got all fuzzy. She passed out.
        Razi woke up. Everything above her waist hurt. Razi was in her bed. She looked at her cut on her hand. It was cleaned up and a bandaid was on it. Brahms must have cleaned her up. She remembered what happened. Razi panicked badly because she forgot her medication and took it out on Brahms. She looked over to where she broke the mask. The pieces were gone.
    Razi sat up. She couldn't sit up fully. So she lifted herself to where she was almost sitting up. She grunted as she did. Brahms walked in. He held a mug. He walked over to Razi. Razi got scared. Brahms knelt down next to Razi. He handed her the mug. Razi's hands were shaking slightly. She took a sip. It was green tea. Brahms reach for her injured hand and grabbed it. Razi flinched. Brahms let go after seeing her flinch. He got up and left the room.
         Razi's cell phone rang. She took it out. The screen got cracked a bit. Razi answered. "Hey mum. Why are you calling this early?" Razi asked. "We wanted to call you to let you know we're coming to visit you." Mom said. Razi sat up surprised and slightly worried. "You're coming here?" Razi asked. "Yes. Your father and I are coming for a holiday. It's Thanksgiving soon over here so we wanted to come celebrate with you." Mom said. "But Thanksgiving isn't celebrated here." Razi stated. "Oh we know honey. But we miss you and your father and I have work off for the holiday." Mom said. "Oh alright. I'll get the place ready for you guys. When are you coming?" Razi asked. "We're leaving tonight so we should be there tomorrow for you." Mom said. "Alright mum. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll send you guys a cab when you get here." Razi said. "Ok honey. See you tomorrow." Mom said. Razi hung up.
     "Shit." Razi said. She got up. As she took one step she fell over with a loud thud. She got up. Razi went into what used to be the Heelshire's bedroom. She made the bed and got everything tidy. Razi went downstairs holding the mug of green tea. She drank some more. She dumped the rest in the sink. She couldn't take the rest. Razi didn't feel good. Her stomach turned. The thought of her parents coming here made her anxious. Brahms had to hide again. Razi was still covered in bruises. She'd really have to think of a story for that one. But the thought of her having to hide Brahms again worried her. She hated the fact the Heelshires did it but now she'd have to do the same thing. Razi ran to a bathroom. She threw up in the toilet. Tears rolled down her face. Not because she was crying but because it was a natural thing when someone vomited. "How will I explain this to Brahms..?" Razi said hugging her knees. She sat in the bathroom and stared at the wall. Razi's heart sank.