Chapter 22 Young One

A month passed. Razi felt different. She's been hungry and tired more. Razi decided to call a doctor to get it checked. Razi kissed Brahms' cheek. "I promise I'll be back. It's just a doctor's visit. You don't have to worry everytime I need to go out." Razi said reassuringly. Brahms looked at her. "I'll just be an hour or so. Ok. Don't worry." Razi said. She grabbed her purse and walked out the door. She got into her car. Razi looked and saw Brahms in the window. She waved and drove off.
           She got to the hospital. Razi checked in and waited. Soon a nurse called her in. No one knew she was married. Her name was still Razique Hayhurst out in public. Razi got looked at and everything. They made her pee into a cup. Razi waited as they quickly tested it. An hour later and the doctor came back holding a clipboard. The doctor sat down and looked through the pieces of paper on her clipboard. "Well Miss Razique it looks like you're pregnant. About one month I believe." The doctor said. Razi looked shocked. Razi looked down at her belly and put her hands on it. "I-I am?" Razi asked. "Yup. It's what it says right here. Congratulations." The doctor said.
     Razi drove home. She parked the car and stared blankly. A baby is slowly growing in me Razi thought. She was going to be a mother. And Brahms, a father. Either a boy or a girl, a son or a daughter. Razi was anxious. How was she going to tell Brahms? Was it a good idea to keep the baby? Would Brahms hurt it? She didn't know for sure.
          She walked inside and set her purse down. Razi sat in the study. Her hand to her mouth and the other hand on her belly. Razi cried tears of happiness. "Everything will be ok little one. I'll take care of you." Razi whispered. She quickly wiped her tears. Razi said a prayer. She prayed that her baby would not die inside her and prayed they'd be healthy and happy. Razi smiled.