Sleeping On The Job

I smacked my lips, yawning. Being a bat sucked major ass. You got tired in the morning no matter how hard you tried to stay awake. You could drink a hundred cups of coffee and you would still fall asleep. I was sitting in a chair in Bigby's office, trying to stay awake. I slowly slumped over, asleep at last. That didn't last very long I can tell you that much. Bigby poked me in the stomach which made me panic. I fell on my head, as I was hanging upside down from the chair.

"Couldn't you let me sleep for five minutes?" I hissed, rubbing my head.

Bigby shrugged and sat down at his desk. "If Snow saw my new assistant sleeping on the job she wouldn't be very happy..."

"Gee, if I could actually help my instincts I would, Bigby." I said in a sarcastic tone. I decided to stay awake as best as possible. It wasn't easy but somehow I did it. I just peeked over the edge of the desk and watched him look at a bunch of different cases. Not a word was spoken. Surprised I didn't fall asleep? Yeah, me too.

I picked up a pen, beginning draw on myself. I drew a unicorn, a crown, stars and hearts, swirls and whirls, and a bat. I tiredly looked up at my boss, glaring.

"Listen, Bigby, if you have nothing for me to do, let me sleep!" I whined, watching as he completely ignored me. I hissed, throwing the red pen at his face, as it was my last resort.

Bigby looked at me and glared. "Nox, if you can't let me work I'm going to make you wait outside of my office."

I whined, slowly letting my body fall onto the cold ground. I scooted over under his desk, for once not positioning myself upside down. I felt my eyes get heavy and droopy. Soon, I was asleep.

I didn't exactly dream so I just heard all of my surroundings and could kind of make out what it probably looked like. I heard his office door open and close, hearing heels clicking against the floor.

"Bigby, where is your new assistant? I thought you said you picked someone." The voice wasn't familiar, so it was someone I hadn't met yet.

"She's right..." I heard Bigby say.

Right where? I wondered, realizing just a little too late what was going to happen.

Bigby kicked me from under his desk and I tumbled out the side, groaning.
I could see the stupid smirk on his face, and I just wanted to punch him.

"Very funny, Bigby.." I mumbled, picking myself off of the floor. I noticed the woman standing in front of me. She was raising an eyebrow and was holding out her hand, presumably so I could shake it. Our hands touched and I shook it lazily.

"Nice to meet you...Um?" The woman said, giving me a crooked smile.

"Nox." I replied. She seemed nice enough.

"Snow. Snow White." She let go of my hand and continued to talk to Bigby.

I watched silently, trying not to fall over from exhaustion. As Snow began walking towards the door she stopped and took another look at me.

"Nox..Is it just me or are you wearing one of Bigby's shirts?" She crossed her arms, watching the both of us. She looked me up and down again and her eyes widened.

"Nox. Are you even wearing...Pants?"

I looked down and I slowly sat down on a chair.

"Oh... I guess I kind of forgot about that...At least I'm wearing something under here!" I shrugged, kicking my feet up on the chair, spinning in it.

Snow glared at Bigby and left his office.

After Snow left Bigby looked up at me and huffed.
"You should really invest in some pants."

I stopped spinning and looked him in the eyes.
"Bigby....Who gives a single fuck about pants? I don't. Therefore I will not invest in any sort of pants." I hissed, pulling down my new shirt.

___________________

I jumped up when Bjgby looked at me and said
"We can go now."

By this time I wasn't even tired. It was 10:00 PM and I just wanted to party. But I could tell Bigby was tired and probably didn't have the energy to go with me. I decided to call it a night and head home.
____________________
This chapter was a little... Odd. XD but I enjoyed every single bit of it. I hope you did too. This took two days to finish. •-• Going to work on the next chapter. \(•0•>) stay fab xD