Memories In The Making

I walked back inside my apartment, deeply unsettled. Though some things were put of balance with my ex, I was troubled by something else. A face kept appearing everywhere.
It was familiar, yet I couldn't remember a name or anything of the sorts.

I rubbed my eyes, thinking about it some more. I kept whispering to myself, attempting to find the name. Damn, I just felt like this person took a huge chunk of my memory and soul with them.
Wait a minute... That's it!

"Soul...." I said, smiling a little. It didn't take long for my memory to be refreshed. Everything was back. But I still couldn't remember when or why she left. All I could find was a feeling of abandonment. I closed my eyes slowly, sighing softly. I was still extremely drowsy, and my head bowed in exhaustion.

Making my way to my bedroom once more so I could put something on, I was sure to glance at my brother's coffin and send him my condolences through my head. A small ping of sadness shot through my body just thinking about him.

I turned my head, smiling at a still very asleep Bigby. Images from the night before flashed through my mind, and I found yet another reason to smile. I turned to my closet, grabbing a grey sweatshirt from it. I slipped it over my bare body, yawning. I rubbed my eyes with the long sleeves, trying to not let my nocturnal habits take over. I felt hands grip onto my waist, I chuckled, turning my head slightly.

"Well, look who can't keep their paws off of me..." I joked, pressing my rump to him.

He rolled his eyes, rubbing me slowly.
"I just can't help myself..."

I turned to face him, placing my hands on his chest. My fingers ran up and down, until they found their way to his shoulders. I stood upon my tiptoes, my face closer to his. As his hands were holding my hips, when I sprung up, they slid down to my butt. He looked honestly so surprised, but I gave him a look a reassurance, and he gripped onto my rump.

I kissed him softly, feeling him tense up at my sudden movements. Eventually he released his tension and deepened the kiss. Once he pulled away, he left me breathless, smiling. He lifted me up slightly, my legs wrapping around his waist. He pulled down my sleeves from my shoulders, my arms free. I pressed the shirt to my chest, making sure it didn't fall down. Bigby was busy occupying himself with my collarbone, gently biting and kissing it. I could feel his smile on my skin, and I looked down, chuckling.

"What?" I asked, watching him pull away and look up at me.

"I never noticed this until now... You have a tattoo on your collarbone?" He said, his hands resting on my shoulders.

I nodded, laughing.
"It took you that long to notice?" I let my arms leave my chest for a second so I could run my fingers through his hair. Bigby rested his head against my chest, squirming in pleasure when I began to scratch a certain spot on his head.
I laughed, feeling him slowly put me down.

"You stupid mutt..." I whispered, holding his face in my hands. He tugged on my sleeve, glaring at me.

"Hey! I'm no mutt!"

I rolled my eyes, hugging him.
"You're my stupid mutt... And I love you."

Bigby sighed, hugging me back.
"I love you too, Nox." Once we both pulled away, I plopped back onto my bed.

He sat down on my bed, rubbing his face. He turned his head to see me holding my phone above my head, scrolling through some videos on YouTube. Once I found one I liked I tried tapping it. My hand slipped and I dropped my phone on my face. I screeched, throwing my phone to my side and holding my nose.

"FUCK!" I whimpered through my hands, continuing to curse under my breath. I could hear Bigby laughing and I angrily kicked him off my bed.

"Hey!" He said, pulling me by my leg down with him.

I fell into his lap, laughing my head off as I felt much better after kicking him off my bed.
He lifted me up so I was sitting on his lap.

He watched as I pulled up my shirt so it would cover my chest, and how I messed with my hair. He leaned in closer to my face and whispered.
"Forgive me, Nox. But I don't think I'm done with you yet..."

I blushed, smiling.
"Wait, what are you implying?"

Bigby pulled me closer, kissing me hard. I was surprised by this, yet I didn't fight it. I was too aroused to just give this opportunity up. As things began to get heated, we were interrupted by my new companion, in which I decided to name Lucifer, after my brother.

The cat pawed at my sweatshirt, meowing. We released each other, panting softly. I looked down at the cat, glaring.

"Why can't you just let us finish?" I asked the cat, shooing Lucifer away.

I turned my attention back to Bigby, shrugging my shoulders. I leaned in closer, but right as I was going to pick up right where we left off, I realized how hungry I really was. I transformed into my little bat self and flew out of that room.

I hid in the cupboards of my kitchen, tearing into small bags of ramen and popcorn. Then I came across the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Sugar. Cubes.

I tore into the bag, watching the sparkling sugar cubes spill out before me. My eyes widened and my breathing quickened. I slowly opened the cupboard door, peeking my head out. There was a hot cup of coffee sitting out, and I couldn't even help myself. I held a sugar cube close to my chest, diving into the cup. It wasn't scorching hot, but it was nice and warm. I began to gnaw on the corner of the sugar cube, my ears flicking with every successful bite.

I was so focused on my sugar cube that I didn't notice Bigby watching me sit in his coffee. I looked up, my ears perking up.

"Sorry... Was this... Your coffee?" I said, smiling.

He bent down at my level, looking at me.
"Yes, it was. But when you say it like that it's hard to be mad at you..."

I laughed, snuggling the sugar cube to my chest.
"Good! Because tough shit, the coffee is mine now!"

_____Some Time Later_____

Bigby and I were sitting on my couch, Bigby watching as I played with Lucifer. He seemed quite distracted though. I placed the paper ball down, turning to face him.

"Is everything alright?"
I asked, cocking my head to the side. Lucifer jumped onto my lap, purring.

He pulled me close to him, sighing.
"I was just wondering why all of a sudden you have been... So..."

I looked at him, chuckling slightly.
"Aroused?"

He nodded, smiling.

I sighed, petting Lucifer softly.
"Well, I don't want to worry you, but the reason being is the bat instinct. Once Spring rolls around, and the weather becomes warmer, it's considered..." I paused, gritting my teeth.

"Mating Season." I finished, looking down at my feet.

He sighed, holding his face in his hands.

I frowned slightly, reaching a hand out.
"I wouldn't be worried. Ever since my first death in this form, many organs of mine have shut down. The less important ones. Another reason why I need blood. My heart doesn't produce blood anymore. So I need the blood of others to help keep me living. But I'm also assuming that my reproductive organs don't work..." My voice trailed off.

He leaned back holding me in his arms. I smiled again, seeing he wasn't worrying anymore.

"Sorry if I scared you, Nox. It's just... Your lore... And this..."

I wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"I understand." I said, closing my eyes.

Though he seemed to have lost all worry, I began to worry. I couldn't help it, I mean. He mentioned my lore. If it's in my lore, it's bound to happen...

_________________________
Finally! A new chapter!
It's been a while, my apologies. I've been dealing with schoolwork and friend drama.

The art for this chapter was done by me! I sketched Nox out last night, then outlined and colored her this morning! ^_^ (I'm honestly obsessed with it.)

Anyways, stay awesome as always!
:)