Epilogue

It had been little over a year since Nox's death.

Lupus became the new goddess of the night, but she always said that her mother did better.

Visa still has nightmares, and seeks comfort in Soul at night.

Thanatos still occasionally speaks with Nox, who is happily resting.

Chamós spends most of his time stuffing his face with mangos so he doesn't have to think about his mother's passing.

The other children still mourn but continue their jobs.

Not a day goes by that Nox isn't on Soul's mind. Soul wears Nox's necklace around, sitting in her chair more than often. The Time Lady travels with Nox's children, telling them stories of their mother and keeping her memory alive. She comforts and cares for the goddess' children, teaching them how to be a god or goddess of something.

Some nights Soul would watch the sky, finding things in the sky that Nox left behind. And by the end of the day, Soul wakes with the crescent moon pendant in hand, silently thanking Nox for being her companion.

No words could repay Nox for what she did, yet. Soul felt that she would have to make a new word for Nox. Just for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nox did get a proper funeral, though there wasn't anything to bury. It was more for closure.

Her tombstone was outstanding, made by some of the gods and goddesses of Olympus.

It was pure black granite, glossy and engraved in white letters. It had a carved statue of a bat on top. It was tiny, but it was beautiful.

"Nox Nocturn
Goddess Of The Night
Mother of Doom, Death, Destruction, Dreams, and Sunsets.
Friend of many."

And Soul was the last at the grave, sitting in the darkness of the night as she placed a hand on the cold stone. A crow sat on the top of her tombstone, squawking every few minutes.

"I'll stay alive for you. For your children."

Soul kept the tomb in mind very often, it having a special place in her mind.

But Nox had her own place. The Nox that was alive. How she almost made things go "boom". How she always loved food. Her purple hoodie. That Pink hair...

Soul had finally found a word that could describe Nox.

"Immortal."
Nox may not have been immortal then, but she was. And her memory will always be immortal. It will never die.