Chapter 12 : Chemistry

11th Century

11th Century

Putting his fresh clothes on his wounded shoulder, a pot in his hand Arnav directed his bare feet towards the ghat... his mourning routine since last couple of days!

Though this abstemious life wasn't the main cause of his melancholic mood!!!

Actually he was angry on himself... falling for his desires that night two days ago... which had actually hurt Khushi so much that she was avoiding him now. On one pretext or other she was rarely at home, even sleeping in some other room.

'I better move to other place...rather than bear her ignorance!' He couldn't take it more.

A man who was always surrounded by super models, running a fashion empire, had now been doubted for his intentions...

How ridiculous!

He looked at the river before him where villagers were wrapping up their morning chores... but where us she!

"Khushi has gone riverside!" Payal had told her.

Whatever...

"Oho Advayji! How come you are looking more handsome after marriage!" Saraswati teased him....drooling over.

ASR was a chick-magnet! 'Even now I am!!'

Only if....

"Where is Khushi?" He rather asked her.

"Such a hen-pecked husband!" An aunty commented before informing him that she was on Durga Ghat.

Durga Ghat, a distance away... reserved for women to recapitulate their needs.

'That means she is taking bath!'

Control!!!

'In open... where anyone can see her!'

All women here do bath in open!

'What if that jerk of Shyam tried to trouble her...!' Anger bubbled up into him.

"Men aren't allowed to go their Advayji!" Another friend of Khushi informed him funnily...seeing his brooding expressions...

That's good.....for Shyam!

'Next time he won't survive... if he does any smartness.'

Arnav thought, trying to find a secluded place to take bath. But soon his ears caught the distant screams.

'Khushi?'

He threw down his things, looking in that direction when he saw Khushi's friend running towards them.

"Please help...there Khushi!" She was panting badly....

Arnav didn't wait for her to complete, as panic rose like fire and he ran crazily ...not caring of sharp pebbles...or rock-hard surface beneath.