4

Chapter 4
Birds

I picked up my phone and texted Kora.

*I have something to tell you meet me at :address:*.

I closed my phone and started to get ready. In the mist of me showering, I got a text.

*sorry I'm out with a friend right now*.

It was from Kora.

That was the answer I was expecting though. I wanted her to lie. To be honest she shouldn't have responded at all. Not like that'll change my mind or anything. It was just a better answer. Silence is always the answer. I finished my shower and put on some black jeans with a red hoodie.

I didn't really need anything under it. So I grabbed my house keys and went to where she was. I added her location on my phone a long time ago. So I knew where she was, at all times. The place that she was at now wasn't her normal home. Of course she visited this place before but only a few times. I'm guessing it's an older sibling or something cause Kora doesn't have many friends. I'm not the only person who doesn't like her. I waited around the corner of her establishment until 4:00pm. At that time the other person that lives there leaves. Which means Kora was alone now. I still don't know much about the other girl though. Not even a name. After watching the girl get into her car. I made my way to the apartment.

I tighten my gloves before knocking on her door. A few seconds later Kora opened it. Her eyes widen and her jaw dropped when she seen me. I could tell she was nervous. "Hi" I smiled. "Wait-what" she stuttered. "What" I put my hand behind my ear and stepped closer to her level.

She just stood there in fear. "It wasn't that hard" I slowly walked into the apartment pushing her back with every step. "Alex I don't know what this is about" her voice cracked. My face went dead and I exhaled really deeply. I hate liars. Why still deny it when it's so clear I already know.

I finally backed her up into a corner. I grabbed her face and squeezed. "Who's here with you Kora" my voice stern and deep. A tear drop fell from her face. "No one right" I added. "How did you know" she asked. I laughed before letting her go. "If you're wondering how I knew where you were. I sent your location to me when you were distracted. But if you're wondering why I'm doing what I'm doing. Even though I haven't done anything yet. It's because Nikki...you're a fucking psychopaths " I got into her face. After the word 'Nikki' left my mouth. A fear like no other struck through her body. The type of fear when you know your karma is coming for you. The type of scare you get when someone exposes a secret you did so much to bury. Simply because you knew if it ever came out there was no way around it.

"Ko-Nikki come to the room with me" I grabbed her hand. I walked to her bed room and threw her in causing her to fall on the bed. I closed and locked the door behind myself. "Alex get out or I'll call the cops" she stood up. "You're gonna call the cops on me" I pointed to myself. She flinched when I did that. "Alex if this is some sick joke you need to stop" she put her hands down. "Nikki no one's joking about you making me a fucking victim" I said through my gritted teeth. I grabbed her hair and pulled her body closer to mine. "I swear to my life I'm gonna torture you worst then I've ever did anyone" I whispered in her ear. I realized I was getting out of control, so I let her go. She fell back onto the bed with tears in her eyes.

"Kora you never had the advantage from the start" I said grabbing her legs. She began kicking and fighting me back but none of it phased me. I dragged her on the floor making sure she hit her head on the way down. She covered her face in pain. I took her hands and placed them on the side of her head. I took my knees and placed them on her forearm to pin them down. "I checked my own location to see where I was at on the day it happened. I was at you're house for an hour before I came home. Even though I only remember 30 minutes of it. That walk you and your sister did, I remember that".

"That wasn't my sister" she said. "I don't give a fuck who she was. I'm gonna kill you and she's going down for it" I said getting angry. Did she really think saying that part was important? How more inconsiderate could she be? I snatched the sheet off of her bed and tore it apart. I took the torn sheet and tied her to the bed leg. I took another piece and shoved it in her mouth as a gag. I got off of her and began looking through the room. I needed something that could cause her harm. Of course anything that's in my hand can be a weapon but it's not supposed to be my hand. That's why I didn't bring anything but gloves and wore a size smaller shoe. I found a flat iron and plugged it up by her vanity mirror. I took a look at myself in the mirror. My curls were falling over my face so I couldn't really see. I looked around the vanity and grabbed a yellow scrunchie. I put my hair into a ponytail and took another look. My fuming rage was flowing through my eyes. It almost made me cry. I have never been more mad at anyone in my life. I want to peel her skin from her body and feed her, her own intestines. Nikki moved, catching my eye. I watched her struggle through the mirror and cracked a smile. 'My turn' I mouthed to myself before turning around.

_______________________

TBC