"She'd make some calls first." I think this over for a while longer. "She'd go through mom or grandma thinking they won't know yet."

"She doesn't know this family very well, does she?" Landon chuckles. "Grandma knows when each of us lost our fucking virginity, I swear."

He's got a point. I remember that fateful night after I had been a little too anxious and embarrassed myself with my first time. I had a box of condoms on my dresser waiting for me the next day with a note from grandma to wrap it up next time. I was so fucking embarrassed I wouldn't go to her house for a month. I heard hell for that too.

"Leighton didn't take the time to really get to know us." I agree as my eyes stay on Riley while the guys keep talking.

"She got to know your parents just not the rest of the family and she knows Hunter well enough to fuck her over." Sawyer adds.

He gets my attention back on the conversation with this. I never did understand what happened to their friendship. "What happened with them? I thought Hunter got pissed because of me."

"Leighton set her up with some friend of hers. The guy was a total jerk off. Hunter won't tell us anything else about it." Landon explains what they know. Now I know I have to talk to Hunter when I get back to find out who this jerk was and what he did to her.

My eyes track Riley again over to the back counter. The old guy from the back comes over to her as she gets our drinks. Leaning casually on the soda machine, he talks to her but keeps his eyes on me. I know they're talking about us because Riley looks over her shoulder at me then says something to him that makes him laugh before turning around to head back into the kitchen but when Riley turns to bring us our drinks, the guy looks back at me points two fingers to his eyes then towards mine.

"Here ya go. Food will be out soon." Riley tells us, setting down the drinks. Reaching out I take hold of her hand, stopping her from running off.

"Who's the guy that was talking to you?" Still watching him as he starts cooking our food. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to be poisoned or something.

"My dad. He wanted to know if I knew you. He recognizes you guys from some sports thing. He took your picture when you weren't looking said it would be worth something when you get to the NFL." Rolling her eyes she walks away without explaining further.

"Hey, he knows talent when he sees it." Harper jokes taking a drink of his soda.

But I'm still watching her dad. Shit! What has she told him about what's happened? How much does Riley confide in her dad? I know they're close, she's told me that. Would she actually talk to him about all this or is this more something she'd talk to with a friend? Who are her friends anyway, Riley hasn't mentioned anyone.

It doesn't take long before the food comes out and I'm agreeing with Landon it looks great but my nerves are getting the best of me and I can barely swallow anything down. It doesn't go unnoticed by Riley or her dad. Next thing I know he's coming over to our table and looking right down at me.

"Is there a problem with the food? You aren't eating it." He says just as quietly as Riley had taken our order.

"No sir. I'm just a little nervous, is all. The food's great." I answer him with the guys nodding along with me, their cheeks puffed out like chipmunks. "You're Riley's dad?"

He looks over and sees Riley finishing with a table. "Yes and you're Blake Bradford's nephew. I watched him play for years and now some college ball too. You've got one helluva arm, reminds me of when I'd watch Blake play. He was a great quarterback."

"Yeah he was, a great mentor, too. I've got some big shoes to fill." I grin as I feel some eyes on us.

One of the young girls with her grandpa nudging her on comes over and asks for an autograph. Without a word I sign a napkin and pass it around the table for the others to sign then hand it back to her. With a giggle she hurries back to the older man who nods a thank you to us.