Chapter 12

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 12
Daddy's Logic

Aiden

I wasn't sure about coming here until I got a look at her face. I thought maybe I should wait until we get back to classes and that maybe she needs a little time to think about things. I thought maybe I should work out everything I want to say better and see if she calls this week. But one look at her face, just the sound of her voice saying my name, I know... I don't know shit.

"Aiden?" Just by the look on Riley's face I know seeing me here is the last thing she expected.

Good or bad it's too late to go back now

I'm not sure if it's a good idea now that I'm facing her. I can't seem to remember anything I want to say. Riley looks around the diner like she's afraid of someone seeing us talking to her. Who would she be worried about seeing us? The only people in here are the old guys at the counter and the other waitress.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice stays hushed like knowing me is some kind of secret.

What the hell is she afraid of?

Standing up I reach for her waist and keep my hands on her when she tries to step back. I'm not afraid of being seen with her. Let someone try to tell me I can't speak to her. I'll make sure they know who I am and what pull I can have if I try to push it.

"I need to talk to you. I... look can we just go outside for a few minutes?" I look behind me at the guys now listening to every word we say. I'm not doing this in front of an audience. This is between Riley and me, no one else. Cupping her face I take a chance and press my lips to her. Just a quick reminder for both of us of this attraction between us. Stroking my thumbs along her cheeks I wait for her eyes to open again. "I've got some things to tell you, please?"

"I'm working." She looks towards the kitchen where a guy pulls off his glasses and watches us. Riley looks at him then back to me. "I'm working."

"Riley... I broke up with Leighton." Blurting it out before she can say no wasn't what I meant to do. Riley looks at Sawyer who confirms it with a nod.

"He did. I was there." Sawyer grins then when Riley looks back at me, the goof gives me a thumbs up.

"I'm working I can't..." Riley touches my chest and I think maybe that door just opened for me.

"We can wait. We're starving." Landon says louder than necessary. "I was checking out the menu online. I know what I want. Aiden, sit down we can eat while you wait."

"Yep, we got time." Harper agrees.

As if solving the problem he rattles off what he wants to eat for her. Riley nods, turning around slowly and moving for me to sit down and then takes our order. Once we've given it to her, she hurries off to get our drinks. Keeping my eyes on her, I make sure no one gives her an issue for talking to us.

My phone goes off, the ringtone loud and clear. Leighton.

"Told you she wasn't just gonna let it go with a message." Sawyer mutters,

Rejecting the call I tuck my phone back into my pocket. "I don't care. I'm done. I'm not going back to her, I'm not giving her a chance to talk to me. She lives on the other side of the country, it's not like she's gonna knock on my door or run into Riley on campus. It's over."

"We're talking Leighton, dude. That chick has the money behind her to fly out here just to get on your nerves about it. Be careful what you think she'll do, it could be just the opposite." Harper's warning is the truth. If Leighton thinks that she can talk me into taking her back she'd try.