Chapter 56. SMALL and BLACK

"AHH! URGH.. I..." Thud. The pain in his gut made him weak. It made  him fall to the ground. "I.. I'M SORRY... I- I DIDN'T... SO...SORRY..." He continued to apologize. It even looked like he was feeling more guilty than hurt by the dagger in his stomach and he was losing blood fast.

I should be happier than this. He wouldn't be able to hurt me. I wouldn't have to worry about being cut more than this. However, I was feeling more baffled than thankful. Why the heck would he stab myself? Wearing a clown mask and throwing knives at people for no justifiable reason proved he was crazy. Being a lunatic would only mean that logic cannot be used in his case, you know. Right, but still-

"Donna?! Are you okay? How badly were you hurt?! " Lj... she- despite everything I've said to her, she was still worried about me. I was even seriously thinking of offering her life just to save my own yet she was acting the same. She still treated me like an important person. "Please tell me you're not losing too much blood becau-"

"I'm fine. Geez. I admit these wounds do hurt and I did lose some blood but I'm not in a brink of death, you know". Relief could be seen on her face when she heard what I said. How could she be so relaxed? We are still trapped. She was still hanging on an old rope. Nothing changed...so why was sh-

"Donna, you can save us."  She blurted out. Me? How could someone like me do anything? I was just...me. I didn't even succeed when I wanted to become bad. There was no way. 

"What are yo-" 

"Yes. You. The straps on your right arm were torn so they aren't as sturdy as before." She said those words with so much conviction. So much trust. " I know you can do it."

"Fine. Even if I could, what makes you think I wouldn't leave you here." That was a possibility. I thought about leaving her or hurting her before so I may do it again. Will you really? I could if I wante-

"Because you're Donna." That made me speechless. I already knew she was stubborn but who would have thought she would be-

SNAAAAP!

"WHAT THE F-!!" 

SLUMP!

"LJ!!" How could I forget about the old rope?! I was too busy thinking about my pain that I forgot about her dilemma. She appeared to be more preoccupied with thoughts of me that she failed to take notice of her own problems too. I need to act fast. Ignoring the pain in my right arm as well as the other parts of my body, I tried to remove the leather strap off the same arm by force. I could only use the arm that was bound by it. Ugggggh. Easier said than done. Concentrate. I'm trying!? Focusing on my arm, I prepared for the worst. This would surely cause more damage to my already bleeding limb BUT I had no choice. I shut my eyes tigtly and started counting. One. Two. Three. PULL!! 

SNAP.

 It worked! My arm! It's-

"AH!! HELP!" CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. "They are-" CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. "Ah!" CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. "STOP IT!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR.

"Stop moving! I'm coming to get you!" I didn't even have time to be happy because I was immediately reminded about my race against time. I had to remove the other straps binding me BEFORE I could help her. So far, I only managed to remove one. Great.

 "I CAN'T!".  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. "These things they..."  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. "They're moving!!!!" CHIRR.

"RELAX!" I didn't have a perfect vision but it was not hard to see those tiny insects desperately crawling out of the container. Roaches. They were not liking this as well. The sudden impact caused by her fall made them anxious too. 

"Get them off me!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. "GET me out of here!!!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. " PLEASE!!!!"

 "You will only be in more trouble if you struggle!!" I said that but even I would panic if I was suddenly thrown inside something that contained everything I hated and feared. The mere sight of that pest made her go crazy with fear. This was going to drive her insane. 

"I-AH!!!" CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR.  "DROWNING!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR.  "HELP!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR.  I- I can't breathe!!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR.

"LJ!!!" I am running out of time but I needed to remove the remaining straps. Ugh! Why did they have to be so tight around my  legs? A little bit more and I could finally-

"They will go inside.....mouth!"  CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR.  "NO!!!"   CHIIIIRR. CLIIIIITTRRR. " I.. I can't take this.. I'm..."

"I'm almost there! Hang o-"

 BAAAAAAAAAAM! 

CRAAASH!

The impact was so strong, I thought I would go deaf. When everything cleared up,  I saw the cause. LJ was being carried by someone. A man. I was facing his back so I couldn't tell who it was. 

Wait.

The more I looked, I could tell that it was him.