Chapter 44: Hide and seek

"Who is it?"

"Good evening. I bought your favorite Japanese dish."

"F-Freya? What..are you doing here?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm your girlfriend. Anyway, let me in. I need to put these down....Oh! Good news. I managed to get some reservations in that popular restaurant downtown!"

"Really...ahm...That's great...."

"You should be grateful! I had to fight for them, you know."

"What do you mean?"

"I had to 'persuade'  that big guy who had them first. And-"

"Who's that honey~?"

"A woman's voice? S-silver? W- who's she?"

"Stay there for a while!  I'm talking to...ahm..an acquaintance.."

"Yes, honey~! I'll go back to bed~"

"Ahm... Freya... I- I can't be with you anymore.."

"W-why? W-wha- what's going on?  I- I did everything...f-for you. What could I possib-"

"That's EXACTLY the problem. You're doing everything. You fight with men twice your size. You get into different kinds of trouble. Y-you don't  act...like a girl...at all.  I- I can't have that. I can't stand that. I can't...I'm sorry. Please...leave.."

"I- I"

SLAM!

I thought I had forgotten about the day he dumped me. Looks like I didn't... I undestand that you are feeling a little down but you need to focus. Yeah.. I should.

I put the eye I was holding a few minutes ago back into the box. I put his  eye back inside. Normally, people would throw things like that once they realize what and whose it was. Though, I didn't. It's not because I still love him. I just have sympathy towards him. Yeah. He was an ass but I feel this kind of death is too much. I resented him but I never wished for him to die. 

It's strange. Why was he dragged into this mess? Judging by the smell, I could tell that this eye was not extracted recently. Maybe almost a day has passed when the deed was done. Hmmm. This is getting more complicated. 

Now that I think aboout it, Didi's betrayal seemed a little strange too. I wonder what caused her to-

Eh? Something fell.

What's this? Another note...no..it's a letter.

______________________________________

Did you like my present?

He now has his eye on you.. I mean... with you. 

I'm sure your ecstatic. You should be. 

Although, if you were,

That would be boring. 

So?

Do you  still want to be a dumb heroine?

If so, solve this riddle.

Fear is felt in the worst numbers.

Time is ticking.        

_____________________________________

That letter addressed to me made me chant one thing in my mind.

'Challenge accepted, bitch'