Chapter 46. What's is it?

I woke up inside a dimly lit room but it was enough for me to scan the place. Everything was in a mess. The chairs. The tables. They were broken into pieces. The walls. They were covered in strange writings and symbols. There was one sign that really stood out. It was the only one drawn using a different color.

RED.

Why red? I asked myself. That color is associated with different meanings like love, happiness, etc. I doubt that it had a positive meaning, though. The best choice would be danger or death. The room even smelled like one too. Great. Just what I fucking need.

Squirm.

 Creak.

 Squirm.

 Creak.

I heard the sound of something moving. I turned to the direction of the sound and saw a message.

 I                   K N O W                Y O U R             S E C R E T.

Secret? Which one? I wondered because I have many secrets. Of course, you do. Although, I'm sure that there's one that you would  take to the grave. Well, I DO have many secrets. It maybe not that one. Yeah, maybe. Hmmm.

Squirm.

Creak.

Squirm.

 Creak.

I noticed another presence inside the room move. They were seated just below the words. I can't tell if it's a man or a woman, though. Still, the fact remains that it is infront of me. I prepared myself for the worst. I knew that worse things were only going to happen from now on. Being tied to a chair in an unfamiliar place always means bad news. So yeah.

I waited for them to come closer and just end this. To end me. I enjoy watching people suffer. It always looks fun.. but being the one watched to suffer doesn't excite me at all. Hmm. I wonder how they're going to do it. Poison me? Nah. Too easy. They would've done that earlier. Shoot me to death? No. That would be to noisy. It may alert the other tenants if there is anyone around. Stab me to death? Maybe. I wonder how many times.... Chop me to pieces and eat my body parts? Could be. That is, if they don't mind the fat. Skin me alive and then offer my body to something? That's very painful but victims don't have the choice, do they? I don't want to think about it but  the latter seems to be the most likely method of killing. They seem to be sadistic and belong to some kind of cult based on the look of this place.

Why am I torturing myself with all these thoughts again?  Thinking about what they will do to me will only make everything worse.  Hmm. But. They sure are taking their sweet time while I'm almost going crazy with all these thoughts. 

Maybe, that's the point.

First, mental agony. Then, impalement.

Well, damn it.

I still waited. Though, they never continued to move. They never even stepped any closer to my location. 

WAIT.

Maybe. It's not the perpetrator but someone I know.

And then, it hit me. It was someone I know.  The roundness of her body. That figure. The way she turns from right to left when she's sleeping and having a bad dream. It was her. Definitely her.

"P- patty!"

"Ugh... My head.. Maku?"