Chapter 53. Bestfriends

"DONNA!"

"DONNA!!!! This is no time to be sleeping!"

"WAKE UP you sleepy head!!"

"L...J...? Hmmm... 5 more minutes...I just need to...hmmm...he he...hmmm..." I weakly answered. I was tired. Really tired. I needed sleep. Besides, I had to return to my 'puppy land'. My babies over there were very spoiled. They wouldn't eat anything unless I  feed them myself.  So, Lj would have to wait a bi-

"DONNA!!!! What did you say???? I can't hear you!!!Urgh. This woman. 

To lazy to shout,  I was about to raise my hand to tell her to wait when I noticed something peculiar. I was attached to  something colorful. There were leather straps around my neck, arms, wrists, waist, knees and legs too. If it wasn't for the footrest, these straps would have been the ones to support my weight. I was not  light as a feather. These straps would definitely give way. WAIT.  Why was I even here in the first place? I was supposed to be with Maku and Patty.

"LJ!........ What's going on??" I looked up and saw my best friend hanging onto something. It was bad enough that all her weight was concentrated on her tiny wrists. The rope even looked old and ready to snap.  A huge cylindrical container was placed directly below her. It appeared to contain something moving. Good thing she wasn't as chubby as me. If I was in her position, I would've already been swimming in that mysterious container.

"I have no idea myself! We just need to get out of here fast before everything goes downhill!" Swinging back and fort, she continued to squirm. Unaware of what could happen if she did fall.

"If you keep on doing that you could drop into tha-" 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can help you if you help me."  

"If you refuse, you will die here..like how you are always. ALONE. If you accept, you 'may' get the option to change that... Well?"

"I'm your salvation.

"....your only salvation"

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was that?

"Donna?! Are you okay?" Wait. That voice. She wanted to have a deal with me. Did I accept?  I- I don't remember what happened after. This place looked totally different from the previous one. I was brought here. Why?

 "Hey! Listen to me! DON-" The sound of my bestfriend's voice faded. A different woman's voice  kept repeating in my head. ALONE. She said I was alone. Always alone. You actually believed her, Donna? I- I was never really open to anyone. Kept a part of me hidden inside my heart. Laughed my heart out yet I was lonely. I was surrounded by friends. I was happy. BUT. Something was missing. LOVE.  Yes. I received love from my family and friends. However, I wanted a different kind of love.

There was love in my life yet all I wanted was to have the love of my life. Someone who would love me for me.  Be treated like a princess. Be treated like I was the only one for him. Be wanted. Only then, I could say that I am not alone.

Listen here. Your friend has been calling for you. LJ, your bestfriend, she would und- No. She wouldn't. She had boys lining up to get her attention. Even those whom she treated badly, adored her. She wouldn't know how I felt because...

"HEY! DONNA?!!"

"Shut up LJ!!!"

.....she was not me. And I, was not her.

"Wha- what's wrong with you? Are you okay?? ANSWER ME?!" Though shock could be seen on her face, she never stopped questioning me. I almost forgot how annoying she could be if she didn't get what she wanted. I used to let  her have  her way.

"Or else what??  My head is now pounding because you keep on shreiking!!" Not again. Not anymore.

"Wha- Why are you being difficut?? I don't un.. You know what? Nevermind. I'd ask you about your issues later. For now, let's just esca-"

"DON"T ORDER ME AROUND BITCH!!!" There were still many things I wanted to do. Many things I wanted to experience. If I did make a deal with that woman, so be it.  I needed salvation. Only she could give me that. Whatever the price was, I would gladly give it.

 -----------------------------------------

Unknown to them. 'She' was watching with a grin on her face.

"Heh. Looks like I didn't need to do anything. Just threatening that naive girl was enough. This proves  how feeble their so called relationship was.  Like all humans, they would chose to save themselves. Selfishness. No one could resist you. Even the kindest and most harmless indiviual could become a monster if they had to.

 Heh. I guess it will all be in your hands now,

... Jackie.