Chapter 17 - Gone Rogue

Start from the beginning

Barry's phone vibrates. 'Hey, it's CCPD. "He said. 'There was a break-in at an architecture firm on 34th and Williamson. Meta-suspect.

Citizens reporting an explosion there." Iris said.

Sounds like you guys might need an extra set of hands. I'll grab my gear." Cisco says as he walks away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cisco, Joe, Barry. Iris and I check the banks at G. Simone & Associates. while I was holding Baby Nora on my hip.

Letting out a sigh. 'We just talked to one of the architects here. and G Simone & Associates used to do all of this high profile design work Casinos, banks, military bases."

But apparently, last year, they had been working with an anonymous client." Iris simply replied.

So because our thief covered his tracks, we have no idea who that client might be." Joe said.

Hey. Look at this." Barry says as he discovered that the servers were destroyed.' Look at these hard drives. Fried from the inside, like in a massive power surge.

A server like this would have a surge protector, right?" Joe asked.

A typical metal-oxide varistor protects against a thousand joules." Barry responded softly.

How many joules does a lightning bolt have?" I asked him.

A billion." Barry sighed.

What, you think this was Nora?" Joe asked.

No, this couldn't have been. I mean, our scanners would've picked her up." Barry said to Joe.

Cisco walks over to us. 'Yeah, about that I just picked up a frak-ton of background particle radiation." He informed us.

Particles? Tachyons?" Barry simply said.

Negative tachyons." Cisco repeated.

That's a thing?" Joe questioned.

I mean, negative tachyons can't generate lightning, right?" Barry asked.

Unless negative tachyons don't just offset positive ones like we thought. Maybe they actually siphon positive tachyons." Cisco explained.

Stealing speed from the Speed Force like a parasite?" Joe says.

That's what Thawne taught her how to do." Barry told us. 'She's using negative tachyons to run and avoid our scanners."

I sighed. 'Yeah, but why would Nora be trying to avoid us?"

I don't know, but if she's stealing blueprints, this ain't gonna be her last stop." Joe stated with a small frown.

Baby Nora took that moment to squeal and laugh out loud, causing Cisco. Joe. Barry and I look at her.

She's got good taste in jokes. You've raised her well my friends." Cisco says.

Baby Nora than let out another little laugh, and Barry grabbed his daughter, holding her against his chest and rubbed her back. I smiled at my family.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Iris and I were at the office. Cecile brings over a file for us. for McCulloch. while holding Baby Nora.

Guess what? G. Simone & Associates. has spent the last year working for McCulloch Technologies." Cecile explained.

The weapons manufacturer?" Iris asked.' They just built a factory in Keystone."