Chapter 4 - News Flash

Sarah's POV

Bopping around the kitchen and having breakfast isn't that humiliating when there's no one watching you. I've been listening to Baby One More Time by Britney Spears through my earbuds while cooking brunch for the family. Barry has been already sleeping upstairs. Nora had been sleeping on the couch, also Baby Nora is also often napping in her bedroom.

Putting the good mix with the pancakes on the stove, I formed them into tiny lightning bolts. That considered everything could just perk up the mood with the family since my husband and my daughter are speedsters.

My cooking wasn't going well once I had been at the counter, trying to make just one toast while I started to smell the heat. I started to turn around and saw the pancakes burnt down. Jogging over to the stove, my earbuds were unhooked from my phone, making the music crank and Nora woke up from her sleep.

Oh!" I chuckled.

And after all that, all of a sudden, the smoke detector decided to go off, I rapidly ran over to my phone, did turn it off. "Uh sorry," I apologized as Nora woke up. I headed back to the kitchen and started taking care of the pancakes as the beeping continued.

What are you doing?" Nora asked me.

Uh, nothing, Go back to bed. I'm just making some breakfast." I answered as I go back to the toast.

Nora stepped over to the counter and began pouring some coffee. "Like I could go to sleep after the smell of Jitters coffee," She remarked.

I walked over to clean the kitchen.

So, uh, I see you still know your way around the kitchen," Nora added.

I glanced at Nora and then to Barry holding Baby Nora. I sighed and put my hands on my forehead. I knew my cooking was going to be a disaster.

What's happening?" Barry asked us.

Hey, babe," I greeted with a warm smile.

Good morning," Barry greeted me.

Um, I was thinking that we could have breakfast together," I suggested when I smiled at both Noras and Barry. "Right? Like a family."

I love it," Barry agreed.

Baby Nora giggled.

I went over to Barry and Baby Nora. I grabbed Baby Nora and she smiled at me. "Yeah," I simply said.

Baby Nora cried earlier, I noticed she was hungry."
Barry said.

"I'm glad that you brought her," I told Barry. "She needs food in her stomach." I grabbed Baby Nora's feeding table and chair and put it across the table. I put Baby Nora on the feeding table and chair. I then went over to the kitchen and put breakfast on the table and put baby food on Baby Nora's feeding table and chair.

"Do you—hi," Barry said to Nora and turned to me. "Do you need any help?"

"No, no, You guys just sit and hang with Baby Nora."
I responded instantly.

"Okay," Barry sighed as he and Nora went over to the table and sat. "What do we have here?"

"Well, these are pancakes, as you can see, but I made them into little lightning bolts," I explained as I sat next to Baby Nora and Barry. I started feeding Baby Nora some organic apple baby food. "Well, the batter kind of got away from me, but you see the little zigzag—"

Yeah, yeah. I totally see it." Barry said, smiling softly.

Yeah," I smiled as I noticed Nora take pictures of brunch using her phone. "What are you doing?" I asked Nora as I continue to feed the baby.