Chapter 7 - O Come All Ye Thankful

Sarah's POV

After my day out with Iris and Nora, the three of us went straight to the apartment. It was Thanksgiving and, Barry and I decided we should have it at our place. Joe and Cecile couldn't make it because they were having Thanksgiving with Cecile's family.

Walking into the apartment, a smile appeared on my face when I saw Baby Nora on Caitlin's hip by the kitchen beside my husband who was cooking.

Sorry we're late." I apologized, smiling as I walked out to my sister and grabbed onto my daughter, placing on my hip.

It seems like everyone and their grandma is getting pre-holiday manis and pedis." Iris explained as her and Nora walked over to the lounge and sat down. Barry turned to me with a smile before giving me a sweet kiss. I kissed him back before heading back to Iris and Nora.

Oh, let's take photos and post them on that old-fashioned Insta thingy that you guys use." Nora suggested, bringing out her phone from her back pocket. I couldn't help but laugh when Nora took photo of our nails. "And #HandModels."

Iris chuckled. "Wow, I feel famous already."

Nora smiled when she turned to me. "Mum, um... I'm sorry."

Sorry for what, Nora?" I asked in confusion, sitting down beside Iris.

For not giving you a chance to show me how great you are." Nora responded with a serious expression. She sighed. "This year I'm just really thankful to get to know you. The real you."

I'm thankful too." I said with a cheerful smile on my face. "You know, the Snow-Allens have never missed a Thanksgiving. No guerrilla army, no evil speedster, no giant wormhole in the sky could break that streak."

Yeah, the singularity." Nora said with a nod. "So the Flash Museum has a 3-D model of Dad just running straight into it to save the city. God, it must have been so epic to be there."

Actually, it was terrifying to be there." Iris stated with a small frown.

I nodded in agreement, pulling Baby Nora tighter into me. "Yeah, we didn't know if your dad was gonna come back." A small frown pulled on my lips when I remembered someone important to me. Ronnie didn't."

What?" Nora questioned. "The museum says that... That dad just saved everybody."

I guess there's things the museum left out." Iris told Nora simply. "Like your dad giving himself to the Speed Force to save the city."

That was another time we said goodbye thinking... might be a one-way trip." I informed Nora with a small frown.

Nora looked at Barry with a scared expression. Sounds a lot like what took him from us in the future. I didn't know dad had so many close calls."

I reached over and grabbed her hand. "Look, your dad is always gonna wanna put his life on the line for others. That is what I love most about him, but, yeah, it does keep me up at night."

Nora sighed as she continued to stare at her father with a worried expression.

During later in the day, I currently walked through out S.T.A.R. Labs while Iris was at home taking care of Baby Nora. I couldn't expression how much of a help Iris is right now. It's been really hard since Baby Nora was born, I mean, I've never been a mother and it frightens me to death, knowing that I could end up like my mother, abandoning her kids.

My thoughts were interrupted by the alarm echoing through out the building. I sprinted into the Cortex to see Cisco, Caitlin and Sherloque.

What's going on?" I called out, rushing beside my sister who was at the computer.