Chapter 5 - All Doll'd Up

Sarah's POV

I stood in the Speed Lab with my husband, showing my phone that had the time '9:58am' and Nora's training began at 10. I sighed and lowered my phone.

Let's just call it, Barry. She's not coming. Again." I told him, rolling my eyes.

Barry crossed his arms over his chest. "She's probably just helping with Jenna so Joe and Cecile can sleep in. Or hanging with Iris as she takes care of baby Nora."

Every day for the past two weeks?" I questioned.

They all look really tired." Barry responded softly. I sighed and gave me a glare. "They do."

Then suddenly the computer in the Speed Lab beeped and showed the maps for Central City Art Gallery.

Tripped alarm at Central City Art Gallery. Someone stole a Monet." I informed my husband.

At 10am? That's bold." Barry added from behind me.

C.C.P.D's en route, suspect heading west on Ruger." I said and Barry immediately turned around and flashed away, while I raced to the Cortex. I entered the cortex and got gps's for the thief while Barry was out. "The thief just turned on to Ramirez off of Fifth."

Almost there." Barry responded through the comms. He's not carrying anything."

Because he handed it off to someone else." Nora's voice came through the comms.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Nora?"

Nora?" Barry questioned.

Where's he headed?" I asked Nora.

I got him. I can stop someone on a motorcycle." Nora responded.

I shook my head. "No, Nora, let Barry help, okay..." Suddenly the comms cut off. I sighed din frustration. I know you did not just cut me off, miss thing."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is why we train, Nora. Every single day. Not when you feel like it, not because you're mad, and why you always have someone in your ear when you're in the field to help you." I strictly told Nora.

Nora sat in the chair in front of the main desk while Barry and I stood beside each other, looking down at Nora. And to be honest, I was pissed off with Nora when she cut me off.

I know that." Nora muttered.

Then why did you turn me off?" I questioned her, annoyed.

Because I can't listen to you anymore. It's always the same condescending, I-know-better-than-you crap. I just want to be me and you sit behind your desk and you say 'no' every time and I've been hearing it my whole life and I'm sick of it." Nora explained to me.

I raised my eyebrows. "Your whole life?"

Yes, Mum." Nora answered, raising her voice. "Since I can remember, and you never change."

And with a sigh, I glanced at Barry and shook my head in a can't deal with this anymore'. Turning around, I began to storm out of the Cortex.

Sarah." Barry called for me. I raised my hand in the air before marching out, leaving him and Nora alone in the Cortex.

During the next day, there was a robbery in a mansion. I talked with Iris and decided that I would help her with the report while she took care of Baby Nora for Barry and I.

I stood in front of a couple and held a notepad. "Can you describe the man that you saw?"

I'd barely call him a man, the way he moved." The woman answered, very shakily. "And when he looked back at me, it was terrifying."