Chapter 8 - What's Past Is Prologue

Sarah's POV

Sherloque and Ralph informed us that they fought  Orlin Dwyer at the hospital. They show the pictures they took to the rest of the team.

Orlin Dwyer." Sherloque said as we were in the Cortex

Near as we can tell, he grew up in the Midwest.
Ralph informed. "In and out of juvie, pretty much fell off the map, and then popped up in Central City a few years ago.

Part-time employee of Szrek Chemicals for the last two years." Sherloque said eagerly.

Foreman says he keeps to himself, pretty much a loner, gave a fake address." Ralph wondered.

Did take custody of his niece." Sherloque told Ralph.

Grace Gibbons." Ralph finished Sherloque's sentence. He pull up her picture up.

After her parents were unfortunately murdered by a meta-human, now." Sherloque answered.

So now we know why Dwyer hates metas." Ralph suggested. "Once he got his powers, he started targeting them."

Powers he got the night of the Enlightenment as we all know, and he was struck by a shard from the S.T.A.R. Lab satellite explosion." Sherloque said.

Which was also the same night that Grace went into a coma." Ralph asked

Where Dwyer visits her every day, every night, for the last three weeks." Sherloque responded.

So he's there now." I asked them.

Yeah."

Then let's go get him." Barry added.

Let's go get him." How are you going to do that?
Sherloque managed finally. "Look, as always." I respect your spirit, Barry Allen, but as long as Cicada has his dagger to dampen your powers, there's no stopping him."

"So let's destroy his dagger." Barry demanded furiously.

How are we gonna do that unless we have some kind of power-dampening dagger power dampener hidden away in storage?" Ralph asked.

We don't, but if we did we'd come up with a much better way of saying that." Cisco muttered.

Just abbreviate P-D-P-D." Sherloque said.

Guys. What if we could make one?" Nora asked us.

Make one what?" Barry asked.

What if we can make a weapon more powerful than his weapon? Cicada can control his dagger, so what we would need would be something more powerful than his connection to it." Nora explained it to us.

Wait, like some kind of super charged magnet?" I asked her curiously.

Exactly." Nora said.

I don't know if we have anything strong enough for that." Cisco said optimistically. "We made Sally out of a micro-composite alloy. As far as satellite's go, she's She was heavy-duty.

And even if we could get our hands on the dagger."
Caitlin told us, shrugging. "We'd still have to figure out how to take the dark matter out to negate it's powers.

Well, exactly right. I mean, what you're suggesting is we find an alloy." Sherloque replied with a deep sigh. 'No, no, indestructible alloy that has super magnetic properties, but also has the ability to negate dark matter. I mean where are we going to find such a thing?"

The past."

The past?" Barry asked, confused

You've already come across everything that we need, right? A strong alloy with magnetic properties." Nora answered softly.