Chapter 11 - Memorabilia

Sarah's POV

Everyone at the ice rink as I watched Barry and Nora are getting ready to race. and I skates behind them.

You ready for this?" Barry asked.

Dad, I'm just I'm not fast enough yet." Nora said.

No backing out now, this is the biggest race of your life. You ready?" Barry said.

Not really." Nora muttered.

Get ready, set, go!" Barry says as he skates off.

Dad, Dad Wait, wait! Oh, God." Nora said.

Right before Nora could fall, I swooped in and grabbed her arm. "I got you," I assured my daughter, laughing.

This is so embarrassing," Nora declared, still trying to catch up to her father. "I'm really good at the ice skating game on my Pocket Pal!

She almost fell again and I wrapped at arm around her. 'Okay, you're just gonna bend your knees..." I told her.

Kay..."

And lean forward a little! There you go, you're do so much better!" I beamed at her,

I'm doing it!" Nora says.

You're doing it." I told her, smiling.

I'm skating. This is like schway city, Mom. Thanks." Nora said as she skates away.

Barry came skating around behind me, 'Look at you guys, You're such a mom.." he said, smiling at me.

Well, we already knew that," I joked, laughing. "And what about you? You're the one who sprang for ice skating and a game night.

Yeah, well... Nora getting hurt reminded me once again that we should always make time for the fun things in life," Barry said with a shrug, 'And now that we have a plan to catch Cicada.

Waking up his niece to appeal to his heart." I asked.

I know Dwyer's a killer, but he's still a person, and he loves Grace just like we love Nora. So I don't know. I just feel like everything's heading in the right direction." Barry explained it to me

Well then," I do, too." I said, bumping arms with him

Here we go, we hear a voice from behind us. 'Barry and I turned to see Ralph wobbling towards us

I'm sorry, why are you wearing a helmet?" I questioned

Yeah. I thought you were made of rubber." Iris says as Sherloque and Caitlin join us

Somebody's gotta set a good example for these kids." Ralph answered.

Well I thought you grew up on the ice." Caitlin told him.

Well, I did, basically, my mom dated a zamboni operator, so... Ralph said.

I tell you, where I am from, we don't date zamboni drivers. Why is that? Because there are no zambonis," Sherloque announced, skating neatly up to us with Iris close behind. "How do we clear the ice? All winter long, we are on our hands and knees with a squeegee in hand. Let me tell you: Best eight months of the year for this guy!"

It's a really great story, Sherlock." Ralph added.

Sherloque." Sherloque finish off Ralph's senses as he skates off.