Chapter 2 - Blocked

Sarah's POV

I currently stood beside Nora as she laid on the medical bay bed while Barry sat beside her, holding an ice pack on his head. Barry informed us that for some reason that the Speed Force pushed them back and knocked them out.

I'm sorry I was too late. It took me a while to find where the Legends were. Well, when they were. But we got their Gideon to scan Nora's blood sample." Wally informed us.

What'd she find?" Barry asked.

Negative tachyons." Wally replied.

Cisco turned to Wally. "Negative tachyons? So, what, instead of speeding you up, they slow you down?" He asked, smiling.

Yeah." Wally simply replied.

Cisco paused for a second. "Damn, I was just joking. That's a real thing?" He questioned.

Yeah, Ava and her team at the Time Bureau have encountered them before, but no ones knows where they come from or how they're generated." Wally explained.

Like dark matter for the space time continuum." Barry added, explaining it simpler.

Exactly, and they're saturating Nora's body and keeping her from entering the Speed Force." Wally explained.

What about the Waverider? Can the Legends take her back?" Barry asked him.

If negative tachyons come anywhere near the Rider's time drives," Wally replied. "The reaction will vaporize the ship."

Well, there's got to be a way to get rid of them, right?" Barry questioned, glancing around at all of us.

I mean, I don't know about getting rid of them, but maybe we can offset the tachyon absorption enhancer to negate the reaction somehow.

Hey, guys." Wally called out to us.

We all turned and saw a news report on a monitor which had Gridlock jumped out of a building and landing on the ground with electricity around his body.

How did we miss this?" Barry questioned, looking at the news report.

I guess this is a parting gift from DeVoe. Without our S.T.A.R Labs satellite, we've lost out eyes, our ears, our dark matter scanner, our facial recognition... I mean, we're always gonna be one step behind these metas now." I explained before letting out a sigh.

Barry turned to Cisco and grabbed the tachyon device. "I'll work on this. Why don't you guys go help Ralph with the Gridlock crime scene, okay?"

I can come help." Nora asked as she tried getting up.

Please, no, just... we just can't let this get any worse, alright?" Barry responded before him and everyone walked out of the med bay.

I smiled down at Nora. "Just relax, okay?"

I currently walked down to the Speed Lab. When I walked in, I saw Barry looking at one of the monitors. Walking over to him, I wrapped my arm around him. "So, figure it out yet?" I asked him.

Whatever these negative tachyons are, it feels a lot more like science fiction, than actually science." Barry replied, lowering his head.

I wasn't asking about the science. I was asking about the scientist." I corrected him. Barry turned to me and stood up. "You and Nora, you guys have such a strong connection. I mean, it's... it's effortless. So why are you so intent on sending her back?"

I mean, what do you mean? First of all, she can't stop talking about the future. But... I mean, you know the danger that her being here poses to the timeline." Barry told me.