Chapter 13 - Failure is an Orphan

Sarah's POV

Barry and I walk into the cortex to find Nora talking to the team about Cicada.

Okay, people, think! We haven't seen Cicada since the rooftop fight, which means the only way to track him down is to figure out who his next meta-human target's gonna be. Have we double checked every bank robbery, every lab break-in?" Nora explained it to us.

Yes, yes! We have looked at all of that, all right? And all the criminals that are in custody are simply mere mortals." Sherloque said.

What about the ones on the street?" Nora asked.

Frost says that no new metas have shown up since Norvock went into witsec." Caitlin told us.

Are the satellites tracking for dark matter or meta-gene bursts or Element X?" Nora asked.

Yes, yes, and yes. They're scanning for everything.
Cisco looks at Barry and I. Congratulations, you raised a menace." Cisco said.

Your daughter, so energetic."  Sherloque told us.

This is pretty impressive." Barry chuckles softly 'Um, and I know with the cure working, we're all ready to put Cicada to rest, but I'm sure he'll resurface soon.

And then you're going to give him the chance to take the meta-human cure?" Nora asked.

I nodded. 'Yes, exactly. Even Dwyer deserves a choice, we just got to convince him to do the right thing."

Are you guys ready? This is gonna be one of the biggest challenges of your career as heroes. Do you know what you're going to say?" Nora asked.

Yup."

Oh, yeah you know, yeah. I've...I've got some loose thoughts." Barry simply added.

Oh, great. Well, that instills all of us with confidence, right? Loose thoughts? What are you going to say? "Hey, most bloodthirsty enemy! Stop." Sherloque explained.

Guys, it worked for Marlize...Maybe not so much for Savitar, but..." I asked,

I will figure out what to say to him, all right? I got this." Barry answered.

I know you do, Dad...Which is why we need to try everything to try and find him. Okay? Maybe we should go on patrol?" Nora commented.

Patrol, you say? What this is, World War II?" Sherloque asked.

Do you think it's a meta-human?" Nora asked.

Probably. You should..." Sherloque says as he imitates a zapping sound.

It might be." Iris says.

We should check it out." Nora told us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Barry and I reveal that there's a new drink dedicated to XS. Nora gasps as she sees the drink.

Feast your eyes on the newest addition to the Jitters menu." Barry smiled.

The XS-presso."I told her, smiling.

I got my own drink!" Nora squeals

It's pretty schway, right?" I said.

Think of what could be next. An XS action figure? XS Day?" Barry said.

Guys, you are embarrassing me." Nora smiled.

We're just really excited. I mean, we still haven't even gone on a trip together or try to make Grandma Esther's famous sweet potato pie recipe that Iris gave me." I explained.