Chapter Nine

"I cannot breathe in this thing" Cecilia tried adjusting her dress in an attempt to breathe but she failed horribly.

Tiny giggled. "You look fine"

      For the photoshoot we were taking pictures in the ballroom. They set up a grey background and rearranged furniture to make room for all of the equiptment. All of the girls were wearing the same beautiful blue tea dress with a sash across out chest with our names on it. I sat down in one of the chairs pulling on my heels.

    All of us looked exactly the same aside from our hair dos. Cecilia had her gorgeous red locks in a bun with cascading curls. Krystal had her light brown hair straightened and it fell off her shoulders. Tiny's strawberry blonde hair was done in mermaid curls and my hair was braid as many times as Alma could. Still hitting my knees my hair was the ultimate struggle.

"Have you spoken to him?" Krystal asked.

   At that very moment we all knew who she was talking about. We turned our heads to see Will and Beverly smiling for the camera as they took their individual photos. I cracked my knuckles and wiggled them trying to get the blood circulating.

"Nope"

"You're being a bit silly" Tiny said and we all looked at her.

    Tiny, while she barely talks, usually saus something smart and wise when she does.

I crossed my arms. "No I'm not I don't want to talk to his stupid face."

Krystal snorted then smacked her hand over her mouth. "No. I'm not laughing" she grinned. "I promise"

"Ughh!" Constance stomped past us with Vanessa next to her. "This isn't my color!" she whined.

"Most colors aren't" Ora walked into the room. "I brought a paper bag need me to put it over your head?"

Constance made a face. "Took an extra shot of bitchy this morning"

"Pretty much"

  Constance lifted her chin and walked away while Ora approached us. She was wearing the same outfit as the rest of us but there was a strand of hair flown awry from the rest of her chic braid. I found it odd.

She smiled. "What's up peeps"

  I stood up and walked toward the snack table and Cecilia followed soon after. I tried to make myself look busy and occupied while looking for something to eat but she kept scolding me.

"What's your problem?" she asked.

"Nothing," i said taking a plat and filling it with cookies. "I'm fine! Just hungry"

Irritated I dropped the plate on the table. "Cut it out Cecilia"

"No you cut it out!" she tooks the plate from me and threw it out. "Whatever your problem is drop it. And if you're so hungry eat ffod not junk!"

   She walked away from me at that moment and as angry as I was I refused to be there on my own. SO I walked over to where the cameras were and watched as they clicked away pictures. They had music on in the background I'm assuming to stimulate creativity.

"Alessa!"

I looked up, tearing my gaze from the cameras.

Will looked at me. "Your turn, Miss."

    I glared at him. So what if he looked positively gorgeous. I was angry with him. A photographer escorted me over and I avoided looking at Will. I took the pretty sceptre they handed me and they placed a tiara on my head. The fan was gently blowing the loose strands of hair that fell from my braid about.

"Your Majesty please place your hand around the girl's waist" the photographer sounded German. "And Miss hold up the sceptre"

    Will wrapped his arm around my waist and I held up the sceptre the way the man directed me to. I felt my heart race and I wanted to pull out of his grip. Will leaned over and his lips grazed my ear.

"I've been looking for you all day"

I shifted uncomfortably. "You suck at looking for me"

He chuckled. "No you're just really good at hidding."

"That too"

  He laughed. The photographer put us in several different positions and clicked away with his camera. I felt the fire in my cheeks every time Will touched me and I was counting down with the clicks of the camera until this photoshoot was over. The most painful thing was smiling the whole time.

"You look beautiful"

"Stop flirting with me" I squinted at him. "Its annoying"

Will laughed again. "It's the only way to get through to you"

I turned in his arms to face him.

"See, now you're looking at him" 

I glared at him.

"You're blushing too"

"Right there!" The photographer called.

"I'm still angry with you" I whispered.

"I hate it when you do that"

"Do what?" I demanded.

"Get angry with me and not allow me the chance to explain myself"

"You embarrassed me!" I snapped. "In front of all of Illea! I looked like an idiot!"

"Maybe if you'd gone to Europe with me last weekend you would have know" he fired back.

     I went to rip myself from his grasp and stomp out the room when he grabbed my wrists and pulled me against his chest.

"Perfect!" the photographer called.

"Let me go, Will"

   The photographer, oblivious to our arguement was just glad to be getting so many "candid" shots.

"Not until you speak to me!"

"I don't want to talk to you!" I said. "i don't even want to look at you right now"

Will held my wrists a moment longer and for the first time since I've met him it actually looked like I accomplished in hurting him. The expression fell from his face instantly and I was aware of his radiance.

"I can't with you"

"Alright one last photo!" the photographer called. "And then we're finished for today."

   Will and I looked at each other and in that very moment I wish I could read his mind. I've been angry with him for so long I forgot why I was even mad in the first place. Will leaned over and kissed the corner of my mouth.

"Beautiful!"

   I heard the multiple clicks of a the cameras and I pulled away. I pulled away, turned around and walked right out of the room.

-

-

-

you guys hate me but ily kisses!

XOXO Lilly