Chapter Twenty Seven

Dear Will,

        Sitting in my room this afternoon I realized something. I realized that there was a part of my heart that you belonged. Where you just fit right in like the missing puzzle piece that's been gone for so long. But, I won't say anything to you. Instead I'll write these letters because if I don't express how I feel for you in some way I might go insane. Did you know that your eyes change color? Because they do. Its like diving into a beach of carribean water with chunks of silver at the bottom.

   Eyes blue like the ocean, a rim of green, and flecks of silver. Sometimes they're dark and sometimes they're light. Sometimes I can't even tell. When you walk into a room and your hands are in your pocket it means your in a good mood. And if you walk into the room holding and rubbing your pocket watch it means something's on your mind. I've noticed that too. It's so strange this whole thing people call love. Do I love you? Do I not? Seeing you with Cecilia today just made me so damn jealous I wanted to blow the roof right off the castle. Does that mean I love you? Because I was jealous? I used to always think that loving someone meant you were secure in your position but I'm starting to think that's not true. Have you ever read the Bible verse,

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices. with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres"

 It's in the Corinthians. My mother had a copy of a Bible. I still have it, somewhere. So I look to this as my example of love. I wish you understood me on some level. Do you remember what you said to me when we first got down to the elite? Because O'll never forget. The words are hand stitched across the surface of my heart.

"I love you, Alessa. Very much. I just hope that with your being so stubborn you could find it in your heart to let me in because I promise you, Alessa. I will place you on a pedastal so high you will not be able to come down. I will give you my heart completely and it will be yours alone."

Of course that is not all that you said but that is much of it. I've had people say they loved me before, Will, but those words have never mattered to me as much as when they had escaped your lips. And I want to let you in, I do. But there's a fear that consumes me completely and every time I think of it I just might cry. Is it strange?

That I might cry?

I don't want to get hurt, my darling, and I don't want to hurt you either. We are just two star crossed lovers caught in the wild fire of life aren't we?

This letter is a nuisance. It's nonsense, it's going nowhere, and it's just a bunch of gibberish I've been keeping inside my head that I didn't bother thinking out clearly before I wrote. I'm burning this. Immediately.

But alas, I must end this properly.

                                                                     Yours Truly,

                                                                       Your Darling Alessa