Chapter Five

All through Adsila's lesson I wasn't paying attention. We were learning about the dissolving of the castes but that was the last thing I heard. I was too busy doodling lyrics in my book. Beverly and Constance were filing their nails but oddly enough Vanessa was engrossed in the lesson. Maddy looked pretty sad ever since Kara was eliminated and Tiny was sitting quietly listening and answering questions.

"Cecilia, Krystal" Adsila said.

  Immediately they both looked up and hid whatever it was they were giggling over, behind them. Adsile raised a sharp eyebrow at them.

"Pay attention"

  They both made faces turning their attention to Adsila's lesson and I was grateful I wasn't picked on yet. Ora wasn't in for her lesson and I tried my best not to let it both me.

"Like I was saying-"

   There was a knock on the door cutting her off. I kept my head in my journal not wanting to look up if it was Ora. Adsila opened the door, I heard a few whispers, and then the door shut again. I heard the clicking of heels and a shadow hovered over me. I looked up and Adsila handed me a folded piece of paper.

I looked at her.

"For you Lady Alessandra"

I closed my book and took the paper from her hands, unfolding it.

"His Royal Highness would like to see you for a moment in his office"

   Trying my best to mask my emotions I stood up from my seat and walked out the room. As soon as I shut the door behind me I heard Adsila continue with her lesson. My stomach started turning and I felt my stomach rise in my throat. I didn't want to see anyone. Let along him.

                                                                     ********

"Come in"

   Carefully I pushed open the door to Will's office. His office was bigger than my entire house. Two massive French windows on two walls and behind him sat a book shelf at least 20 feet high packed with leather bound books. Will looked studious with reading glasses on and a cigar tucked behind his ear. I didn't know he smoked.

   He sat at a gorgeous cherry wood desk with a small lamp sitting on its corner, a few picture frames, and neat stacks of folders and papers. There were two brown leather seats in front of his desk and on the far left wall was a fire place and chimney with a small sitting area.

"Its me" I said.

  Will looked up and immediately put his pen down. "Hey"

I stood by the door. "Hello"

He smiled funny and walked out from behind his desk. "You can come in you know. I wont bite"

  I bit the inside of my cheek and took a few steps inside but stopped in the center of the room. Will looked like he didn't understand but he chuckled pulling his glasses off and walked over.

"Alright then." he said. 

"You needed me?" I asked.

"Yes, actually I had a proposition for you" Will placed his hand on my shoulder and leaned over to kiss my cheek.

I turned my head slightly and immediately I regreted it because Will noticed my sudden change.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

"You look angry." he said matter-of-factly. 

"I'm not!"

He chuckled. "Alright then"

  I glared at him but he didn't seem to notice.

"I was wondering if you wanted to accompany me to Spain next weekend" he explained. "There's a trade agreement going on over there my grandfather's bringing me to. I remember how once you mentioned your interest in the medical field. They're building a new hospital over there-"

"I can't"

   The words came out of my mouth before I had the chance to think twice about them. Thinking quickly I said, "I have previous plans"

Will raised an eyebrow at me. "Previous plans?" he inquired. "With who, exactly?" he asked a bit more annoyed this time.

I smiled. "With the boy that serves me my breakfast everyday"

   With that I walked out the room.