Prolouge

Will, while he was a royal prince heir to the Illean throne, always refused to get a hair cut and as a result of his procrastination his hair tended to dangle in his eyes. Pacing back and forth in his grandfather's office he ran his fingers through his hair deep in thought, and rubbed his chin. His grandmother, whom he adored very much so, sat by the window in his grandfather's office sipping her tea.

    His grandmother was a classic, and elegant beauty. Many qualities of hers were things that he sought out as a wife and his grandparents love story served as an example for his. Will's grandfather, a distinguished handsome man was someone he looked to for example and as he sat at his desk, covered in family photos, signing legal documents, Will couldn't help but feel impatient.

"I just don't know what to do about her!" he blurted out.

His grandfather glanced at him over the rim of his reading glasses. "Call her my dear. Ladies love it when you call them my dear"

America's tea cup stopped midair and she lowered it from her lips to scowl at her husband. "Oh shut up, Maxon"

    Maxon chuckled.

"Why don't you do something special for her," his grandmother suggested. "Something thoughtful and kind. What does she like?"

Will threw his arms up in an exaggerated example of defeat and frustration. "I don't know! Apparently she doesn't like anything! She's this complex puzzle and God knows where all the pieces are! Alright, she likes music. I understand that. But what else could that woman possibly love!"

"I find it very hard a woman of such mystery is in anyway attracted to you" America replied, a small smile playing on her lips as she sipped her tea.

Will made a face at her. "Very funny"

"Perhaps try and get to know her better" Maxon suggested. He took of his glasses and placed them on his desk. "Your grandmother and I spent a lot of time together. That's how I got to know her"

America nodded in agreement. "See? Maybe then she'll like you"

Will rubbed his eyes. "She called me a chronic jackass-"

   All of a sudden there was an abrupt sound and when Will turned his head he had notice his grandmother spit up her tea. America immediately put the tea cup down, waited a moment squeezing her nose tight, before reaching for a napkin. Maxon chuckled.

"What's so funny?"

She burst into laughter unable to help herself. "I'll give the girl one thing, that was a classic" she smiled. "I'd have given anything to tell you that, multiple times during our courtship"

"What? Kneeing me in the groin wasn't enough?"

"It was your thigh!" she insisted.

Maxon winked at her.

"Ugh!" Will turned in a circle, a deep grunt of distress stuck in his throat. He looked to the ceiling his hands rubbing his eyes.

"I don't understand," America commented. "If you barely know her how do you know you love the girl? There are nine other lovely ladies here Will"

Will groaned as if he were dying and dragged his hands down his face. "No grandmother!"

She laughed. "What"

Will nearly flew over to the couch and fell, lazily sinking into the cushions. "You just don't get it!" he exclaimed. "Its just her. I don't know how to explain it. How do I explain?"

   At that moment his grandparents kind of looked each other with a distant sweetness in their eyes. It was like through the years their love only grew and they still found each other undeniably adorable.

"It's the way she carries herself," Will explained. "The way she...smiles....and laughs. When she looks at you there's so much love in her out and its practically pouring out of her. She listens carefully and stares at you thoughtfully. And when she speaks, she speaks with great conviction!

"She's selfless, and beautiful and independent and she's just....." in all Will's dramatics his hands finally fell and they rested on his chest. he thought a moment about what to say next and when he spoke he sounded a million worlds away. "Good. She's just so incredibly good. God, I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone before."

   His grandparents were silent, just looking at him waiting for him to continue. Will shot up in his seat and looked at them both seriously.

"I just-!" he pressed his lips together and waved his hands around. "I just want to get to know her better. Does that make sense? I want to know every part of her"

"Will, sweetheart, that all takes time" his grandmother said, soothingly.

"40 years together and your grandmother and I are still learning new things about each other everyday," Maxon added. "Its completely normal"

Frustrated Will fell into the couch cushions again. "Why are women so complicated!"

Maxon sighed. "I don't know, ask you grandmother"

  America's jaw dropped and she squinted at him. Before she could say anything Godfrey waltzed right into the room in the same dominant manner he did everything else. Will glanced his way then continued staring at the ceiling.

"Don't you knock Godfrey? I'm spending quality time with my grandparents"

"I don't need to knock," Godfrey said. "I live here. I'm family"

   America chuckled into her tea cup and Maxon smiled rolling his eyes. Aside from being Will's right hand man Godfrey had been his best friend from birth. 

"What do you want Godfrey?"

"The lady requests your presence" Godfrey had a diabolical grin.

Will groaned, smashing his face into a pillow. "If its Lady Kara tell her I'm asleep"

"Will!" his grandmother squealed.

"No its the one with the long hair and the green eyes." Godfrey said, impatiently.

Will shot up. "Where?"

Godfrey looked ten seconds away from smacking Will upside the head. "Where do you think?"

Will turned to his grandparents. "Do I look presentable?"

   They both nodded and Will looked to Godfrey for approval. When Godfrey nodded Will gave his head a firm nod.

"Good."

   He flew out of the room before anyone could say another word.

-

-

-

HAPPY YOURS TRULY RELEASE DAY BAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean its not a book or anything but I couldn't find the proper word so I went with release. Hahaha!

So, winky face, enjoy.

Don't forget to check out my new story The Victorian Hourglass!

Love you guys!

XOXO Lilly