Chapter Twenty Five

I woke the next morning with a hammer hitting my head. I felt the steady beat of my heart thumping in my chest, reminding me I was alive and my feet were still on Earth. I tried rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes but it was no use. I was exhausted. It was a long night last night.

    The sunlight burst through my bedroom windows and I remembered I had a stupid class with Adsila today. We were working on political things. I just wanted lie in bed all day until my migraine went away. I didn't even drink a lot yesterday! I had that one glass of champagne and I felt like I had a royal hangover. I'd never survive as a princess!

   I ran my fingers through my hair and they came back covered in glitter from last night.

Last Night.

   The thought of last night brought  a stupid grin to my face and I rolled over in my bed, burrying my face in my pillow. Ora and Godfrey what a pair. Although I didn't actually see it coming I have to say they were a match made in a humorous paradise. The look on Will's face was truly price-!

UGH!

WILL!

   Pressing my face further into my pillow I chastised myself feeling the tongues of flame lick my cheeks. I was so embarrassed I couldn't even breathe. I started questioning my sobriety. Did I really have just one glass or was it more than one? Images of dark rooms and stolen kisses filled my head and I pushed them away.

   Flipping over on my bed again I stared at the ceiling.

How was I supposed to face him today?

    Was he just as embarrassed as me? Did he even remember? I remember Will drinking a great deal yesterday maybe he was intoxicated? Maybe he wasn't maybe I was. Or even worse. We were both in our right minds and....

   I couldn't even fathom the thought.

    I turned over in my bed to reach for my robe hanging from the bedpost when I saw the rose on m night stand. I blinked a few times to make sure it was there and I scrambled out of the sheets to reach for the little paper attached to the vase it was in. On the outside Alessa was written in neat scrip and I unfolded it to read the inside.

"Few people dare now

to say that two beings

have fallen in love

because they have

looked at each other.

Ye it is in this way

that love begins, and

in this way only."

    Good Morning my darling. Shake off the hangover and I hope to see you at breakfast this morning. 

                                                                                            -Will